• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Black and white ends on RCA cables?

trudge1984

Active Member
I have a Elac Miracord 50H that I am just about ready to start using but I am not sure what channel the rca cable ends correspond to. I have a 50/50 chance to get it right but I am sure someone can answer my newbie question so I am 100%. The ends are black and white. Which is right and which is left? Thanks for the help.
 
Register to hide this ad
I would say, grey.

Sometime Black is Red, but since Black or Red are always right, that will make any other colour the opposite.
 
doesn't matter as long as they go right to right, left to left. I would run the black as the right and the white as the left.
 
Thanks for the info. My guess was that the white was the left channel but I wasn't sure. Gonna start spinning some 78's!
 
Thanks for the info. My guess was that the white was the left channel but I wasn't sure. Gonna start spinning some 78's!

Of course, the 78s will be mono so it really doesn't matter whether the channels are reversed.:D

John
 
Ha! Good point! I do have a regular stylus also so I will use it for LP's but I mainly bought it for the 78 capability.
 
I have a Connoisseur BD2 which has a tonearm cable with white and black leads, and on that one white is right and black is left... My DIN -> RCA adaptors which have 2-stereopairs have the first pair as black-L & red-R, the 2nd pair is white-L - yellow-R.

So I think the only way to be sure is to check, either with a multimeter or listening to a stereo record which you're familiar with.
 
I've seen lots of stereo RCA plug color schemes"

Red/White
Yellow/White
Black/White
Black/Gray
Red/Gray

If there's a Red one, I make it the Right one.

Otherwise, I make the darker one the Right channel.

Other than that, I don't stress over it.
 
Back
Top Bottom