• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Black widow has appeared to separate from base

Register to hide this ad
Yup..think its your locking collar. When you turn this, does the VTA screw attached turn with the whole assembly ? If so thats the collar...check the guide...let me know if that helps
 
Not the locking collar, the whole shaft stays still, only the top piece up. And it only moves to the extent of what the video shows. Hmm


Ben aka MacKat
 
Okay you are in luck

Remove the arm from the base (its easy because you have a DIn connetor) DONT REMOVE THE BASE ..just slide the arm up and out..the wire braid will come with it...

when it it is removed, see if there is a SET screw on the shaft that holds the tonearm assemly on the shaft or before that look for any kind of locking screws that may be loose...
 
Yay, the top set screw was loose. Thanks a lot Rob, I would never have thought that was the one!

It prolly was because I had to remove a little burr from the bearing (don't ask) that I was fairly successful on.


Ben aka MacKat
 
No prob

Yay, the top set screw was loose. Thanks a lot Rob, I would never have thought that was the one!

It prolly was because I had to remove a little burr from the bearing (don't ask) that I was fairly successful on.


Ben aka MacKat

No problem my friend...that is why we are here..I answer questions but I also ASK for help too....so all good KARMA...:banana:

Now stop touching things...lol...I am just as bad...had to adjust/fix the cuing on my AT1100 arm...as the record played, the assembly would drop on its own so when I would raise the cue arm, it wouldnt lift..I too had a set screw that needed tightening so it would stop moving OUT of the correct setup position....Have a great night
 
Back
Top Bottom