• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

BNIB Sansui 2000!

Register to hide this ad
Pics come up big at my end? Unit looks brand new for sure...... Kinda neat like a time capsule sort a thing.... Too bad the caps are most likely dried up
 
How does a unit where someone saved the box/packing and didn't bash the thing around end up listed NOS or BNIB?
I will definitely pay more for something that looks clean and comes with the original packing but unless the original seal on the box has never been broken or it comes with a video of the seller opening it for the first time I'm not going to believe it's never been used. Most of my stuff looks next to new and a few have the original packing but I'm not going to try and pass it off as new, never used.
Not a dig on the poster here, I just see this pretty often and I'm curious.
 
How does a unit where someone saved the box/packing and didn't bash the thing around end up listed NOS or BNIB?
I will definitely pay more for something that looks clean and comes with the original packing but unless the original seal on the box has never been broken or it comes with a video of the seller opening it for the first time I'm not going to believe it's never been used. Most of my stuff looks next to new and a few have the original packing but I'm not going to try and pass it off as new, never used.
Not a dig on the poster here, I just see this pretty often and I'm curious.
Ya, i hear what youre saying there, more like ad should say" unit in brand new condition with original box" or something like that....
 
All the 2000s are very similar, but because the plain 2000 doesn't use the plug-in power amp board, it's harder to work on. I believe the tuner is also different and less accessible. It takes me longer to rebuild a 2000 than a 2000x. Sitting is bad for caps, so I'd expect it to need service to be at its best. Also, don't be deceived by the power rating. They didn't use modern methods (20-20k, both channels driven) and the real power is a lot lower.
 
Concur with Conrad. The 2000 is a bit harder to overhaul due to the non plug in amp boards and the tuner setup is slightly different. Otherwise it's about the same as the 2000A & X for overhaul.

+! with OMGCat on the BNIB. Unless the box is factory sealed, then the unit has been pulled out and possibly run even just to test it. But in it's current condition it's not BNIB.

The price he's asking is about $180.00 more than I'd pay for it, even with the box.
 

Attachments

  • Sansui 2000 specs.jpg
    Sansui 2000 specs.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 2
Where is the paperwork and antenna? I see smudges around knobs and on the dial. No way NIB.

That's the way I see it any ways.

Rob
 
Consider that the pricing is Canadian.... I totally agree with the unit being at the very least plugged in and tested and most likely used to some degree but it does look in basically 10/10 for physical ratings. Looking at US pricing on eBay , they are certainly not a sleeper receiver anymore. I'm not gonna bother trying to lowball their asking price but I would definitely consider it at 300.00 CAD.
I did leave the seller a note about the caps being in less than brand new condition which could cause a unit malfunction.... maybe I'll get a call for some recapping... who knows?
 
Not new in box. Where is the blue protective stuff that should be around the face?

Look closely and you can tell.

Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom