• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bookshelf speakers for Home Theatre and Music

RoyRoyRoy

New Member
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a pair of bookshelves for my 5.1, with a Denon AVR-660H. I don't listen at loud volumes as my kids sleep early.
I have a small living room, about 12 feet by 12 feet, with the back of the couch open to the dining room, also the same size. I have some Polk Audio RM201 on speaker stands that are OK, but looking to improve as I just got the Definitive Technologies ProCenter 2000 centre speaker for $100 used to replace the RM202 (same as RM201) and it made a big difference! I also have a Klipsch Sub-8 subwoofer.

In the used marketplace, I found:
  1. Energy Connoisseur C-2 - $125
  2. Energy Connoisseur C-3 - $100
  3. Energy e:XL-15B - $80
  4. Energy AC-300 - $360 (kind of out of my budget)
  5. Klipsch R14M - $120
  6. Polk Audio RTi-A1 - $175
  7. PSB Image B5 - $150
I'm thinking the C-2 or the C-3 or the B5. I'm not loyal to any company, just looking to find something a bit better, at a good price. If anyone has listened to these before, and can offer any preference one way or the other, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Added some random links for info about the speakers.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom