• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bosch Legacy Letdown

hugo454

Gold Member
Subscriber
I enjoyed watching the Bosch series and liked that I basically had the same stereo system he had on the show,an Mx110,Mc240 and Ohm Walsh 4's.I had noticed that there were no speaker wires running to the Ohm's. Now I am watching the new Series "legacy" and he still has the same stereo which I always thought was a nice touch to have such vintage pieces.However on one episode he lowers the volume by turning the tuning knob. What a letdown.I say they need an AK member as a consultant!
 
Register to hide this ad
Not really. Every movie has a person in charge of continuity, to make sure cockups like that, do not happen. And they get paid for doing it. :rolleyes:
Oh I get it. I am the same way when it comes to Navy stuff in movies. Good thing is, I learned a long time ago no one wants to hear it, and it is worrying about silly stuff.
 
Oh I get it. I am the same way when it comes to Navy stuff in movies. Good thing is, I learned a long time ago no one wants to hear it, and it is worrying about silly stuff.

Sure. But my point is, the person in charge of continuity takes care of little things like, “what shirt was actor A wearing in the last scene?” This man or woman’s life is nothing but minutiae.

Handguns are my pet peeve, like when shooter pulls trigger and it’s empty, BUT the slide in the forward position. Any modern semi auto handgun, the slide locks back, after firing the last round.
That comes down to lazy story writing.
 
If I had seen him use the knob on the left side I would’ve thought he was doing it wrong. Aren’t most volume controls on the right side?
 
Sure. But my point is, the person in charge of continuity takes care of little things like, “what shirt was actor A wearing in the last scene?” This man or woman’s life is nothing but minutiae.

Handguns are my pet peeve, like when shooter pulls trigger and it’s empty, BUT the slide in the forward position. Any modern semi auto handgun, the slide locks back, after firing the last round.
That comes down to lazy story writing.

What knob controls volume on the stereo or whatever gun minutiae you are talking about has nothing to do with the writing.
 
What knob controls volume on the stereo or whatever gun minutiae you are talking about has nothing to do with the writing.

yes it does when the story has protagonist with an empty gun, and he acts surprised, when all he hears is “click” after pulling the trigger. This is too often done in TV shows.

That and sticking the gun in the face of the bad guy, and the gun is taken away. In real life you shoot from the hip (military calls it a “combat tuck”) and the protagonist shoots the bad guy, and the show is over 15 minutes, earlier.
 
This announcement today from Michael Connelly:

Two new shows are in development at Amazon Studios. The first, the Untitled J. Edgar project, follows Harry Bosch’s former partner, Detective Jerry Edgar, who is tapped for an undercover FBI mission in Little Haiti, Miami. In this glamorous city, he is forced to balance his new life with the gritty underbelly of the city, while being chased by his mysterious past.

The second drama, the Untitled Renée Ballard project, centers around Detective Renée Ballard, who is tasked with running the LAPD’s new cold case division. Beyond simply investigating unsolved crimes, Renée is dedicated to bringing credibility to the department and justice to the community. Having learned from retired ally and mentor Harry Bosch, Renée does things her way – solving cases in unconventional ways while navigating the politics of being a woman on the rise in the LAPD.

Amazon Studios also announced that season 2 of Bosch: Legacy is slated to premiere this fall.
 
Well I for one am glad to hear that Legacy is available and that some good stuff may be in the pipeline! Considering all the gunplay in the original, messing up the stereo operation is probably the least of their on-set worries! I checked IMDB and did not find "Renee Ballard" as a character, so it must be someone new.

If he's standing in front of the MX-110 facing it, it's easier to see him operating the right knob than the left one. Is he left-handed? You have to evaluate this forensically and cinematically!
 
i always noticed the ohms in the original bosch...did anyone notice the one episode where he had what looked to be a pair of theils?

one episode only and never saw them again.
 
I working on the second season of "Bones". I was sitting in a production meeting going over the script for the upcoming episode we were to shoot. I brought up something about how the main character was going to escape from a buried car. The producer said something to me that I'll never forget.

"It's a drama not a documentary"

Lesson learned.
 
Well I for one am glad to hear that Legacy is available and that some good stuff may be in the pipeline! Considering all the gunplay in the original, messing up the stereo operation is probably the least of their on-set worries! I checked IMDB and did not find "Renee Ballard" as a character, so it must be someone new.

If he's standing in front of the MX-110 facing it, it's easier to see him operating the right knob than the left one. Is he left-handed? You have to evaluate this forensically and cinematically!
Renee Ballard has been featured in the last 4 or 5 Bosch novels working together with Harry on cases since he’s retired and no longer has access to cases to work. Excellent character. I’m looking forward to seeing what television does with her. A little less excited about the Jerry Edgar show as it seems a bit far fetched and Harry is unlikely to make n appearance
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom