• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bose 201 series II?

Guest101

Super Member
I have always shied away from Bose loudspeakers, but a few people have matched the new McIntosh MA6600 200wpc integrated amp w/ the Bose 901s and love the combination. I have a '66 McIntosh MA5100 45wpc integrated amp, their first ss integrated amp, which has a smooth vintage sound that some call tube-like. So I'm wondering how the cheaper Bose 201 II would sound with my vintage amp in our small at 10' x 13' room. These speakers are always priced cheaply. Are they any good?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
201's are really quite nice but the larger (8") 301's are better. More expensive (they seem to be popular in Asia). IMHO the 201/301 series are among the best smaller Bose speakers. They will like your McIntosh amp I imagine.
 
Back
Top Bottom