• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bose 901 Series 2 Equalizer

Archman98

New Member
81DF214A-3903-46AE-8CE7-661AF5FF8E21.jpeg 19848007-959B-4E34-81BE-84A0B65B419D.jpeg 2A0C29BC-6E4B-49A6-BD74-318A2F3C6C24.jpeg I have Bose 901 Series 2 speakers with the proper equalizer I’m trying to hook them up to a Harman Karden AVR 2650 The receiver doesn’t have tape recorder input or output that the equalizer seems to need
I’ve put photos of the back of the receiver and equalizer Any help would be greatly appreciated
 
Register to hide this ad
Please contact the moderator for this forum and request that the thread be moved to a more appropriate forum here at AK. This the the Turntable topic venue.

Use the Report button to do this. The moderator is nice and doesn't bite!

Cheers,

David
 
Without a tape monitor loop or a preamp out/main amp in connection, I'm afraid you are out of luck using any speakers that require an external EQ.
 
Indeed. You are required to have tape monitor loop for this equalizer to work or a preamp input-output jack set to work. Otherwise, will not work. Unfortunately hardly any if not all A/V gear does not have these options!
 
You're the fellow who posted in Turntables a couple weeks ago with the 'bad sound' problem with your turntable, right? And ended up needing the Bose EQ for Series II?

Try Kirk57's suggestion above.
 
I have been fantasizing about purchasing a high dollar modern integrated amp, and was wondering about the same thing with my 901s. I wish this was not your difficulty, but I am glad you got my recent question answered.
 
I have been fantasizing about purchasing a high dollar modern integrated amp, and was wondering about the same thing with my 901s. I wish this was not your difficulty, but I am glad you got my recent question answered.

Some of the modern Preamps have a "processor loop" feature that allows connection of an external equalizer.
 
Back
Top Bottom