• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bose loudspeakers and double blind tests

When I was a DJ (many moons ago) I used two pair of 802s. Two to a side, stacked. I got more raves than anything else I ran, regardless. The +3dB benefit of stacking them was a force, no sub needed. I, truly, have a soft spot in my heart for those speakers though I don't own any now.
 
Bose always has their own dedicated listening room. Bose will not allow another speaker to be auditioned in the same room, at least that's how it was when I worked in an audio store and sold Bose.

We actually did some side by side comparisons and the Bose products did not fair very well.

To each his own.
 
Bose always has their own dedicated listening room. Bose will not allow another speaker to be auditioned in the same room, at least that's how it was when I worked in an audio store and sold Bose.

We actually did some side by side comparisons and the Bose products did not fair very well.

To each his own.

I regret never properly checking out 901's in Bose's carefully set up environment. The few times I've heard 901's, they were not set up properly at all and sounded awful, but I've always been curious to hear them in an optimal setting. Especially curious about their imaging, but also curious about their overall sound quality in the proper setting.

I liked 301's back in the day -- bought a pair of 301's new in late 70's, but after a week or two I returned them and exchanged them for Advents. I preferred the 301's for jazz, but the Advents were more versatile.
 
When I was a DJ (many moons ago) I used two pair of 802s. Two to a side, stacked. I got more raves than anything else I ran, regardless. The +3dB benefit of stacking them was a force, no sub needed. I, truly, have a soft spot in my heart for those speakers though I don't own any now.

Those have multiple drivers kinda like the 901, correct?
 
Last edited:
Reread post #85 . This employer had a trucking business with 14 thousand big rigs . I never wrote that the Infinity IRS cost $14 K .
I saw a pair of IRS-V's for sale yesterday on the "bay" for $65K. How about that? A speaker that used costs as much as when new.
 
I saw a pair of IRS-V's for sale yesterday on the "bay" for $65K. How about that? A speaker that used costs as much as when new.
They have a following and are quite rare. At that price, you don't sell quantity. Had an account that had Betas at home. I don't remember what he was driving them with, but they were impressive, although a bit bright for my tastes.
Impressive resale though.
 
Bose always has their own dedicated listening room. Bose will not allow another speaker to be auditioned in the same room, at least that's how it was when I worked in an audio store and sold Bose.

We actually did some side by side comparisons and the Bose products did not fair very well.

To each his own.
I was selling in their heyday. It always amazed me how people were willing to drop $300, 400, 500+ on a pair of speakers without first listening to them, and second, listening to other options in that price range.
This was well before Bose demanded segregation. That was in the early to mid 90s, and I don't recall the big guys (Best Buy and Circuit City) doing it until much later, and only then after store remodels. Other smaller retailers were much earlier since they were a much bigger part of their audio pie.
 
Back
Top Bottom