• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Boston Acoustics A100 -- what a sound!

I just found the Boston acoustic US support page. Theres a form you fill out with model, serial number, part number etc and they get back to you. I will try that but im assuming if they still sell that tweeter they wont want to offer up info on whether its interchangeable with other models. They will want to sell me that tweeter which is fine if i cant find someone selling a working used one. Maybe they will. Ill check it out, thank you.
 
And I was looking at two speakers with the same serial number. I have a pair but one has a -1 and the other a -2 on the end of the number. Glad you let us know that your other speaker has a different number.
 
From what ive seen it looks like the series 2 a70,100, 200, 400 all use the 25mm ferrofluid rectangular tweeter...
 
Theres an a100 on auction site for $20 plus $8 shipping. I might grab it....its only single one thats been listed in a while
 
For some reason the Bostons A-100s' show up a lot here in the Seattle area and always are sold very inexpensively because of the rotted foams. I re-foamed a pair and it was very apparent just how well designed their take on sound was plus with that advantage of "up against the wall" placement? Better that a lot of other speaks we all go on about and to look at them it's easy do discount them to way less than what they actually are. Somebody here used the word "classic"....a cut to the chase deal on a quality sounding classic is what they are. I sold mine and that doesn't mean I didn't appreciate them. (I'll enjoy them again someday for sure......have a set of foams already to do 'er again.)
 
Last edited:
I examined my surrounds and they will need replacing. Ive never done it but i watched a video and it seems straight forward. Im not lacking in the decent speaker area...i have minty klipsch quartets, Alon model 1's, large advents, and genesis II's....but i got quite the deal on these and i really do love my advents so why not? A new tweeter and a refoam isnt a big deal. I think i have my next project
 
Be sure to get the foam that rolls onto the cone directly. (fillited) I recommend Rick Conb and the test tone method. Just one cap in there that's sure to be out of spec, easy to replace that too. Good luck on your project, all of the A series speakers are great for their price.
 
Yeah sounds like a worthy project...i will do the ba's and upgrade my klipsch quartets at the same time...having no real speaker repair skillz it will be a good learning opportunity
 
Back
Top Bottom