• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Boston CL BA A70's

Register to hide this ad
Just what I need, another pair of speakers in the next town over.
Good thing I'm still in Colorado.
Go get them boy!
 
Wish you could spell it, too, Paul? ;-)

There was a butt-ugly pair of A-70s at the dump today (Speco woofers in 'em); not worth salvaging (I picked up a nicer pair a few weeks back) but they were still there near closing time so I ahem liberated the "made in Norway" soft dome tweeters from them.

I feel no remorse.
 
Damn you EPI, now what am I going to do with this pair of A70's I just picked up? I suspect they'll get refoamed and then sold at MIT in April.
Oh, and the 150 beautiful records for all of $50 (of which only about 30 are schmeg). Mostly classic rock with a couple of neat blues titles.
One of them is a sealed Led Zeppelin IV - :banana:
From Columbia House Record Club - :scratch2:
JimB
 
Wish you could spell it, too, Paul? ;-)

There was a butt-ugly pair of A-70s at the dump today (Speco woofers in 'em); not worth salvaging (I picked up a nicer pair a few weeks back) but they were still there near closing time so I ahem liberated the "made in Norway" soft dome tweeters from them.

I feel no remorse.

hell, I butchered the spelling, didn't I?!


You did a good deed liberating the tweeters. The A70s were no good without the factory woofers.
 
Funny, I picked up a pair at the dump yesterday too

Hey mhardy -

I just saw your post and thought I'd mention that I too came across a pair of A70s at the town dump yesterday. They are in damn near mint condition but need new foam. They are now in my garage, alongside the other project speakers I've picked up from the dump recently (Genesis 1, Ohm L).

I love the "swap shop".

-Matt
 
Yeah, as I think I mentioned I found a fairly nice pair some weeks back... gotta get the proper foam and refoam 'em. :-)
 
Wife and I call the dump (OK, transfer station) "OFS" for "Our Favorite Store". It's on my way home, sometimes I'll just swing by to see what's in stock. Picked up a Rek-O-Kut K-33H TT last week.
JimB
 
Last edited:
Rek-O-Kut... not bad.
Best I've done is an SP-10 MkII (sans power supply), I'd say, tt-wise. No other big iron.
Best part about the swap pile, IMNSHO is their generous return policy.

Yesterday netted one of those KLH all-in-ones -- AM/FM stereo with Garrard changer... have to check the model number (still in the trunk); it's in a nice wooden cabinet (sort of like a giant silverware chest).
 
Back
Top Bottom