• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Boston CL Carver speakers $75!

pauldrewry

Super Member
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/ele/3917840892.html

I do hope am Ak'er is on their was to pick them up! If not go like the wind!!

Carver Tower Speakers with Ribbon Tweeter - $75 (Norwell)

A few minor cosmetic blemishes, and right ribbon rattles a bit on a few frequencies, otherwise, beautiful sounding speakers....they are just really big (54"tall and 27" wide)...have seen these exact speakers on e-bay for $1500.00!
 
Register to hide this ad
Janik you are indeed correct, even though the ribbon will need fixed at 75 dollars who gives a chit lol
 
That ribbon is probably on its way out, if so you looking at 475.00 to have the ribbon replaced, done thru Carver. If you going to do it, they say to do both as the sound produced between the two will be different. If you do both your looking at 800.00


I picked up a pair for 150.00, one also needs a ribbon.
 
Those ribbons, though hard to see, look like they have no tears in them. One shows the ribbon may have slipped and is more an "accordion" shape. Easy fix - stretch the ribbon back to shape. Easy fix. I wish I knew someone close by. I'd buy them in a heart beat.

Jimmy
 
There is no guarantee that ribbon will be user repairable. If it's not, that pair of speakers is going to start to get pricey.

Very true and very wise observation.:yes:

But on a good note, they could always be parted out to get your money back, plus some. Or you could always put them away, wait for parts to pop up yourself and fix 'em.

These were a favorite speaker of the Boston Audio Society when they came out. I'd like to hear a pair in action.
 
Come on over. When the BAS reviewed them, and raved so bad they replaced their previous reference speakers (AR-9) with them, I ordered a pair. Then about 15 years later I got around to buying a pair of those (AR-9) too for the other room.

Both pair still here, one for 22 years, the other for about 11 or 12.
 
Back
Top Bottom