• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Boston hd5 speakers

Personally I prefer the A series over the HD series.
Yes all had to be refoamed (with correct surrounds) but all tweeters were working, boxes n grilles in an array of different conditions.
Have had 40, 60, 70's,
In HD seriesI have owned 2 pair, 5's & 7's. ....they just didn't flip my skirt.
Same with the T830 and T930's....just couldn't get there. No VR series experience.
At the time these were run with Adcom and Rotel power with matching Pre's.
To each their own.....as always.
 
I have to laugh
That was a fun read.

You are pointing the right way saying some love the lower level gear because they have never experienced the good stuff. There is a place for it, obviously, not your place.

Are we up to 15.2 on surround sound, yet? Glad I never went there.
 
unless you consider a Heresy sized cabinet a bookshelf (which I certainly wouldn't).
We have to go back to the Bozak Concert Grands and some smaller end table size big speakers. Then the AR-3 comes out and the name bookshelf speaker is born and includes these new 1’ x 1’ x 2’ boxes weighing in at 50 pounds. The Heresy might be in the bookshelf group but many were not supposed to be on a bookshelf. Well except as today the wife wants the house and back then he was required to put these boxes on the bookshelf.
 
We have to go back to the Bozak Concert Grands and some smaller end table size big speakers. Then the AR-3 comes out and the name bookshelf speaker is born and includes these new 1’ x 1’ x 2’ boxes weighing in at 50 pounds. The Heresy might be in the bookshelf group but many were not supposed to be on a bookshelf. Well except as today the wife wants the house and back then he was required to put these boxes on the bookshelf.
I just saw a few sets of bozak's for sale locally, one is stated to be a project in the works, they have a line array of tweeters running on one side and 2 woofers with a (missing) midrange on the other side. Very interesting design that I had to check out, clearly a very cleaver design, finding that mid might be a project in its self. They don't go into much detail and I'm wondering how a mid goes missing? It appears to be a larger sized driver. Do you know of this model. They look like an interesting project?
Screenshot_20260818-230029.pngScreenshot_20260818-230020.pngScreenshot_20260818-230010.pngScreenshot_20260818-225957.png
3 different sales with 3 very different levels of speakers, the first 2 shots include an old amp, I didn't look at the other 2 ads, they showed up while I searched.
 
That big Bozak was a version of the Symphony. An 8 cuff box holding 2-12”, 1 midrange and 4 dual tweeters.

1968 catalog shows the board to be installed enclosing that 8 ft3 volume as a designer unit for home installs and the Symphony in a slightly different cabinet.

 
Back
Top Bottom