• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bought a Couple Turntables Yesterday...

JamVal

Addicted Member
My wife and I walked into Salvation Army Yesterday. There was an unattended shopping cart at the cashier's station. My wife said to me "hey, look at this". There were two turntables in the cart, a Yamaha YP-B4 and a Pioneer PL-115D. I asked the cashier if someone was buying them. No, they were just donated, she got me a price and I bought them.

Today I was telling my wife that the Pioneer PL-115D was the first turntable I ever bought, new, back in 1977. I still have the original Pioneer box, but only God knows what my 2 sons did with that turntable. My wife said, wouldn't that be something if it was the same turntable. Hmm, I knew the serial # is on the TT, maybe the box too, but there's no way they would match.

Here's the PL-115D I bought yesterday; serial # XE 103806 (X = 1977, E = May)
1000002639.jpg

Here's the box from the one that I purchased in 1977; serial # XE 103799 (X = 1977 E = May) Close, but no cigar, probably came off the assembly line the same day though.
1000002638.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
My wife and I walked into Salvation Army Yesterday. There was an unattended shopping cart at the cashier's station. My wife said to me "hey, look at this". There were two turntables in the cart, a Yamaha YP-B4 and a Pioneer PL-115D. I asked the cashier if someone was buying them. No, they were just donated, she got me a price and I bought them.

Today I was telling my wife that the Pioneer PL-115D was the first turntable I ever bought, new, back in 1977. I still have the original Pioneer box, but only God knows what my 2 sons did with that turntable. My wife said, wouldn't that be something if it was the same turntable. Hmm, I knew the serial # is on the TT, maybe the box too, but there's no way they would match.

Here's the PL-115D I bought yesterday; serial # XE 103806 (X = 1977, E = May)
View attachment 3844188

Here's the box from the one that I purchased in 1977; serial # XE 103799 (X = 1977 E = May) Close, but no cigar, probably came off the assembly line the same day though.
View attachment 3844193
Off by 7
Close
 
Back
Top Bottom