• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bought more blank cassettes

NAD613

AK Member
Banned
I just bought 3 boxes of Akai high bias 90 min cassettes & 2 boxes of Maxell XLII-S from www.batteriesandbutter.com. I also bought a box of Akai type I 90 minute cassettes & 1 more XLII so my order would get to $50, thus avoiding the $5 handling charge. Pretty decent prices, though:

10 ct. box, type II Akai 90 min: $8/box
10 ct. box Maxell XLII 90 min: $10.50/box; one for $1.05
10 ct. box Akai type I 90 min: $4.50/box

Batteriesandbutter seems to have the best prices on the web for 10 count boxes of cassettes, type I & II, for Akai, Maxell, TDK, & Sony.
 
Register to hide this ad
I just bought 3 boxes of Akai high bias 90 min cassettes & 2 boxes of Maxell XLII-S from www.batteriesandbutter.com. I also bought a box of Akai type I 90 minute cassettes & 1 more XLII so my order would get to $50, thus avoiding the $5 handling charge. Pretty decent prices, though:

10 ct. box, type II Akai 90 min: $8/box
10 ct. box Maxell XLII 90 min: $10.50/box; one for $1.05
10 ct. box Akai type I 90 min: $4.50/box

Batteriesandbutter seems to have the best prices on the web for 10 count boxes of cassettes, type I & II, for Akai, Maxell, TDK, & Sony.
Great lead, thanks for the link.
 
Maxell II's

Scored on 18 of these today at 2 of my local Walgreens stores. 2 for $3! Cleaned out both stores stock. They're available on their web site also. Who would of thunk that it was that simple? I got them now and didn't have to pay the shipping charges and wait for them to arrive. Currently recording some LP's from Goat67's mint collection. Awesome:banana:
 
I also have some of the Akai tapes off this site, but haven't recorded on them yet. Once you record on one, lemme know how it sounds.
 
Scored on 18 of these today at 2 of my local Walgreens stores. 2 for $3! Cleaned out both stores stock. They're available on their web site also. Who would of thunk that it was that simple? I got them now and didn't have to pay the shipping charges and wait for them to arrive. Currently recording some LP's from Goat67's mint collection. Awesome:banana:

You mean the Maxell, right? I didn't see Akai on the Walgreens website.
 
I found a tape supplier in Ohio that had TDK Pro Media 60 minute high bias studio cassettes on clearance, $7.50/10 ct. box! So, naturally I bougth 2 boxes. Also bought a box of 60 min. Quantegy instart start cassettes, $6.50/box!
 
Walgreen's has Maxell XLII Tapes in their stores 2 for $3. You can find these tapes online for .99 each but you still need to pay for shipping.
 
You mean the Maxell, right? I didn't see Akai on the Walgreens website.
Yup, Maxell XLII 90's. If your an AARP member discount is $.15 off per tape if ordered on line. Damn I feel old when I use it. I didn't see any Akai tapes in store tho. Just got done recording Styx "Paradise Theater" and Alan Parson "Eye in the Sky". Playback is just like the album. No tape hiss either. Hit your local Walgreens and save the shipping charges.
 
I scored some tape last year from my Father in Law.He buys mostly surplus computer stuff from a couple of companys locally.He asked me if I was interested in some cassettes for free...and this is what I got.I wound up getting about 5 cases.I have used some but I have hardly put a dent it the pile.Mostly older XLII's and TDK's as well as some Sony,Fuji and Memorex.

The local "Dollar Store" here in town sells the newer XLII's for a buck a piece!
Just need to blow the dust off them!Get em while you can I suppose.
 

Attachments

  • tapes!.JPG
    tapes!.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom