• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bozak B4000 Symphony - Restoration - Seeking Advice

You may also be interested in my four-way modification which cuts the old tweeters at 8k Hz and transitions to a soft-dome. The advantage is removing distortion and providing more air.

Exactly what I did as per Retrovert. L-pad/bandpass on the y's and on the supertweeter, which I have in an external enclosure. The improvement was dramatic, adding a bit of air, but completely balanced-and adjustable for the room/music/listener preferences.
 
Exactly what I did as per Retrovert. L-pad/bandpass on the y's and on the supertweeter, which I have in an external enclosure. The improvement was dramatic, adding a bit of air, but completely balanced-and adjustable for the room/music/listener preferences.

Glad that worked out for you.

As I always maintain, hobbyists may purchase Bozak speakers at what amounts to scrap value and then from the bits construct a world-class loudspeaker, all for the per-speaker price of a handful of new crossover capacitors, two inexpensive inductors, a soft-dome tweeter, and a flower pot. Simply amazing.
 
Back
Top Bottom