deathletter
New Member
I've mostly listened to cassettes in my car and on a series of meh thrift decks and want to upgrade, but there are thousands of decks on ebay right now in my price range (something like $90-$150).
Any suggestions for good models/series to keep an eye out for? This'll be for listening, not dubbing, though it seems like 3-head decks are better either way.
Not looking for any particular brand, or bells and whistles. Cosmetically, I like silver faces. I just saw and missed a working Fisher CR-5115 for ~$100, which seemed like a decent deal for a 3-head deck. That probably would've worked well for me, if that gives you an idea.
Thanks for any ideas! I'm in Chicago by the way.
Any suggestions for good models/series to keep an eye out for? This'll be for listening, not dubbing, though it seems like 3-head decks are better either way.
Not looking for any particular brand, or bells and whistles. Cosmetically, I like silver faces. I just saw and missed a working Fisher CR-5115 for ~$100, which seemed like a decent deal for a 3-head deck. That probably would've worked well for me, if that gives you an idea.
Thanks for any ideas! I'm in Chicago by the way.