• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Bravo v2 headphone amp better than my yamaha as500 ?

boza

Super Member
Hi everyone
I was just looking at the bravo v2 headphone amp that from what I've read seems to be a good little unit at a good price. My question is would it be an improvement on my yamaha's headphone out. It would also be my first step into a valve amp.
What do you guys think is it worth it or would I be better sticking with my yamaha.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
It sounds better than the headphone out on my Yamaha RX-V377. I did upgrade the tube to a JJ 12AU7.

I would give the Nobsound 6J9 a close look were I still looking for a headphone amp.
 
It sounds better than the headphone out on my Yamaha RX-V377. I did upgrade the tube to a JJ 12AU7.

I would give the Nobsound 6J9 a close look were I still looking for a headphone amp.

Thank you.
I will give the nobsound a look. If you don't mind me askin. How long have you had the bravo do you think these headphone amps are reliable.
Thanks again

boza
 
I bought my V2 in 2013. It has proven itself to be very reliable. The only caveat I have is that it tends to run a little hot.
 
I bought my V2 in 2013. It has proven itself to be very reliable. The only caveat I have is that it tends to run a little hot.

Thanks for your help that sounds good. I had a look at the nobsound you suggested but I think I prefer the bravo I will defiantly be getting one once I've sorted my daughter a system for university.
Thank again
boza
 
Back
Top Bottom