• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

British Receiver

llanger

Well-Known Member
I have a chance to buy an Arcam AVR 280 for about $210.00. All I know is Arcam has a good reputation. I don't care about a phono or digital input. This will be used strictly for 2.1 and I plan to use it until the end of my life (20 or so years). Otherwise it's a Yamaha A-S301. Any thoughts or suggestions?
 
Register to hide this ad
If in good condition, that is an excellent price for that unit.

Past reviews indicated that it was efficient in performance, putting out a solid 65 RMS per side.

It does run hot! Lots of inputs/outputs...more than most need.

Some didn't like the exclusive "7processor" of HK. But you have other options with it.

Overall, most were positive comments for the most part, as I remember. But do your homework from more than one source!


Q
 
Back
Top Bottom