• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

BSR speakers cheap- it's a project!

wizargoz

Super Member
I would never have bought these except for 2 reasons: #1- I got them for $10 apiece. #2- They look kinda cool!
BSR Model DR-1550. They are marked with an "L" and an "R" on each speaker- so you can tell the difference (!) Can't find any info on them on Google. Some of the mids are shot, but the 15" woofer on both are perfect (usually it's the other way around). The front cloth grills are also in great shape. The boxes are cheesy and I haven't played them yet, but I'm going to eventually use them for fronts for Home Theatre. The drivers actually look like pretty good stock.
Anybody know anything about these? I'm assuming they were sold by DAK (remember them?) or some other mangy mail order audio place from years ago.
But like I said- it's a project, and they do look cool!
Wizargoz
 

Attachments

  • Speaker 1 Top.jpg
    Speaker 1 Top.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 101
  • Speaker 1 Front.jpg
    Speaker 1 Front.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 116
  • Speaker 2 Back.jpg
    Speaker 2 Back.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 80
Register to hide this ad
Yep- Dak Thunder Lizards!

It appears they ARE the infamous DAK Thunder Lizards. And they sound pretty good! Wife liked the looks, so now they're hers. Not refoaming anything though- they actually sound fine as is. (And she can't tell the difference anyway!).
Thanks for the input!
Wizargoz
 
Back
Top Bottom