• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

BSR XL- 1200 Linear Turntable

jayzjayz

New Member
A few years ago I purchased BSR XL-1200 Linear Tracking Turntable. It was working fine at that time. I packed it away along with some other old stereo equipment,also in good working condition. Now to my problem?
The turntable turns on and both speeds work but when you hit the play button the arm does not work and does not track at all.
Does anyone know what this problem could be. Can this problem be fixed by me or do I need to get it repaired professionally.
I would be grateful for any ideas or help.
Jayz

my email jayzjayz@verizon.net
 
Register to hide this ad
My best guess is something rubber (ie: a belt) has died from age or the servo circuit for the arm may have developed a glitch.
 
Last edited:
Hardened grease is often a culprit -- pivoted arms don't need such lubrication, but linear arms need cleaning and relubing now and again.
 
Back
Top Bottom