• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Buddy gave me these...opinions needed...

Steelman

Super Member
Hello all,
I was talking to my landlord last night. He was asking me what kind of equipment I was collecting/restoring these days. He mentioned he had some speakers that if I wanted, I could hold on to. Turned out to be the following:

1 pair of Bose 301 Series 4
1 pair of Bose Model 21 Bookshelf

I have read a lot of crap about Bose here...but would like an honest opinion of these if possible.

I currently own 3 pairs of Baby Advent II's and a pair of Advent Heritage Towers.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Vincent
 
Register to hide this ad
Have you actually listened to them yet? I think that opinion will count the most here. I've been down that road....not mu cup of tea. But, form your own opinion of them.
 
you could sell the bose + buy some large advents...

i love finding bose speakers .... i don't care if they sound good to me or not,
as they must sound good to many of the people who buy speakers when i
sell them .they always sell , and pronto...and hold good market prices.

i can't say that about mirage sm-.5's ,mission 707's , Avid 104a's .....
i've sold/traded to finance other gear .....the average joe never heard of these
fine speakers (might as well be Sears or Radio Shack stuff), but bose is
sold on t.v. , and Herbie Hancock says he likes them..... :tears:
 
Hello all,
I was talking to my landlord last night. He was asking me what kind of equipment I was collecting/restoring these days. He mentioned he had some speakers that if I wanted, I could hold on to. Turned out to be the following:

1 pair of Bose 301 Series 4
1 pair of Bose Model 21 Bookshelf

I have read a lot of crap about Bose here...but would like an honest opinion of these if possible.

I currently own 3 pairs of Baby Advent II's and a pair of Advent Heritage Towers.

Thanks in advance for the input.

Vincent

I got some 301's in a pile of stuff and I kind of like them. As a small bookshelf speaker, I find them pretty good. As somebody else mentioned, it's your ears that matter. I also kind of like the looks of them, I think they look pretty tasteful (the ones I've got are the wood grained ones).

I'll probably end up wall mounting mine in the breezeway, I've got a wood burning stove in there and people like to spend time hanging out in that room in the winter time.

bs
 
i've got a pair of model 21's. they are really beat up, and one of the tweeter cones is busted. for their size, they are quite impressive. they will pump out remarkable volume levels, and the busted tweeter sounds just as good as the other one. bose tends to catch a lot of flak around here, though the moderators do an excellent job of curbing the criticism. while bose is not particularly well thought of around AK, they made a name for themselves back in the day by producing some really nice speakers.
 
I would give them a listen. Maybe you will like them. If you don't, you can sell them and buy something else you really like.
 
The 301's are not bad, and are an easy sale. other than the 301's I'm out when it comes to Bose, other than the stereo in my C5 Corvette!
Regards,
Jim
 
Those are pretty nice Bose speaks. There is a model 31, which is the bigger brother to the 21 & is a nice sounding speak.

If you like the Bose sound, sell the 21s & look for a nice pair of series 1 Bose 501s if you can use that size speak.
I think you may like them.

Rome
 
Back
Top Bottom