Retrovert
Addicted Member
I have made a number of purchases from buglegirl.
Each time I have been thoroughly impressed and completely pleased by how simple and smooth everything went, and how nicely everything was packed to not merely avoid, but actively prevent, destruction in shipping.
Not only were the asking prices very reasonable (one might, without exaggeration, say generous), but the packing was much like an assortment of Japanese boxes, each item being carefully wrapped, boxed, and then fitted into a larger box with inter-box padding and cushioning, like one of those IQ test puzzles. Tubes were always removed and separately packed to avoid damage. In some cases the specific, and notably small, components I needed from a donor chassis to repair items were expertly removed to save me unnecessary shipping costs. Heavier items were always wrapped in multiple layers of dense bubble wrap and then individually boxed. In consequence, the boxes arrived without damage.
In retrospect, I should have taken photos so everyone could enjoy the packing—what, you actually expect me to believe that you don't surf the interwebs looking at HiFi packing in the privacy of your den after everyone's gone to sleep?—and then send the photos to eBay shippers, who typically use a handful of peanuts and are unable to even properly tape shut the box, writing, "just pack it like this".
On a scale of one to five, the packing, PM's, and entire transaction always went to 11, and I have complete satisfaction on my end.
I would therefore unreservedly and wholeheartedly recommend Buglegirl for any purchases, excepting, of course, those items for which I want dibs, in which case, hands off.
Each time I have been thoroughly impressed and completely pleased by how simple and smooth everything went, and how nicely everything was packed to not merely avoid, but actively prevent, destruction in shipping.
Not only were the asking prices very reasonable (one might, without exaggeration, say generous), but the packing was much like an assortment of Japanese boxes, each item being carefully wrapped, boxed, and then fitted into a larger box with inter-box padding and cushioning, like one of those IQ test puzzles. Tubes were always removed and separately packed to avoid damage. In some cases the specific, and notably small, components I needed from a donor chassis to repair items were expertly removed to save me unnecessary shipping costs. Heavier items were always wrapped in multiple layers of dense bubble wrap and then individually boxed. In consequence, the boxes arrived without damage.
In retrospect, I should have taken photos so everyone could enjoy the packing—what, you actually expect me to believe that you don't surf the interwebs looking at HiFi packing in the privacy of your den after everyone's gone to sleep?—and then send the photos to eBay shippers, who typically use a handful of peanuts and are unable to even properly tape shut the box, writing, "just pack it like this".
On a scale of one to five, the packing, PM's, and entire transaction always went to 11, and I have complete satisfaction on my end.
I would therefore unreservedly and wholeheartedly recommend Buglegirl for any purchases, excepting, of course, those items for which I want dibs, in which case, hands off.