• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Building a Super Heresey

jessearias

Active Member
I know one of the biggest complaints about the Klipsch Heresey is that the cabinet is too small to produce big bass.

I would like to build a bigger cabinet and stuff the Heresey guts into it using some of Bob Crites goodies.

I was going to use the style and dementions of my Cerwin Vega H15 cabinets as a starting point.

Does anybody have a formula for calculating the cabinet size? Or speaker box design criteria? I would like to custom taylor the cabinet if possible.

Thanks for the help.

Jesse
 
Register to hide this ad
I can't help you but it sounds like fun. Myself, being lazy, would just buy some Cornwalls, Fortes, CF3s etc.

cubdog
 
I know one of the biggest complaints about the Klipsch Heresy is that the cabinet is too small to produce big bass.

I would like to build a bigger cabinet and stuff the Heresy guts into it

Jesse
Thats called the Cornwall, though if you want to stay mostly Heresy, I can't help you on the cabinet, but I would say look into the K-42 woofer, it's the pro version of the K-28 and thus can take alot more power (200w vs 100w). Should give you more output in the low end, some crossover adjustments may be in order though.
 
You need a box design program of which there are many out there, some free. To use that you need to measure the woofer properties- maybe somebody here has done that already. Maybe Bob has. Without the numbers you don't have a chance of getting the box right. Don't be surprised if the optimal design ends up being about the size box Klipsch used.
 
If you have Heresy II's and some cabinet skills, you could duplicate the cabinets and port setup for the Klipsch Tangent T-4000's which use the exact same drivers as the Heresy II's. Or, find a pair of K-120 12" passives and make this version...the Tangent T-5000's or the KD-13 passives would make a Tangent T-500. Their weak point was the cabinets in comparison to the Heritage line but they sounded damn good for what they were. With these, you already know the cabinet dimensions and can improve on them.

If you have regular Heresy's, you're on your own. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom