• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Building ANOTHER RCM!

That may be a bit OC to simply clean a record but it is an Extremly impressive build. Yiou can and should be very proud of it.

Congratulations.


Shelly_D
 
I have thoroughly enjoyed the saga of your design & build. 'Hope that you got a lot of satisfaction from being able to take your ideas, refine them, and get to the finish line.

Well done!

.
 
hey dnpainting, this is amazing !! I like the idea of automated brush and vacuum. The extended switch panel is real cool and pro !

Frank
 
Thank you everyone! I know it's a little extreme for a simple record cleaning but I wanted it to be different with the automatic features. It was a fun build and had challenges to get things moving correctly. The linear brush, I had to glue a rubber strip underneath the travel arm for traction. The first run at the swing vacuum arm, I stripped the gears in the servo. I had too much pressure against the gears and had to back it off a bit.

I thank you all for your patience with this. Thank you DC for adding to the DIY RCM thread, I do appreciate it.
 
Holy Moscow!!! My hat is off to you! I couldn't have pulled that off if my life depended on it!

off topic: vtomike you have to baddest avatar I've ever seen!
 
That's a fantastic build and very inspiring. I am looking to build a much simpler RCM.

Can you give some more details about the motor you used, including the specs and any controllers to set the speed and direction?

Can you also say how fast you have set the rpm to?

Is there anything you would change about the motor and platter or is that the easy part and you are happy with it.

Thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom