• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Building shaped like a snail

old_tv_nut

See Yourself on Color TV!
Subscriber
I once saw some video test/demo material with a building shaped like a snail, at some sort of park/garden or zoo. Tried to find out where it was by internet search, with no luck.

When I saw some pix of Okinawa, I realized that some people here get around, and may have seen the place.

Anybody have an idea?
 
Register to hide this ad
Supposedly, the architect of the Chicago Spire was influenced by a long, slender, twisted seashell. This building will be 2000 ft tall when it's finished in 2011--the tallest building in North America. 200 ft. taller than the new Freedom Tower in NYC.

It's certainly distinctive. If you like the look of a long, twisted vibrator.

ChicagoSpire-004.jpg




http://www.thechicagospire.com/?utm...cpc&utm_term=chicago spire&utm_campaign=Brand
 
I once saw some video test/demo material with a building shaped like a snail, at some sort of park/garden or zoo. Tried to find out where it was by internet search, with no luck.

When I saw some pix of Okinawa, I realized that some people here get around, and may have seen the place.

Anybody have an idea?

Do you remember anything else in the video?

The Guggeheim in N.Y. looks like a snail but it's not in a zoo. Unless you consider N.Y. a zoo. :D
http://www.guggenheim.org/the_building.html

or

The "Keong Emas", Golden Snail, Imax Theather
http://www.applesnail.net/content/various/keong_emas.htm

The Nautilus House
http://dvice.com/archives/2008/02/fantastic_nauti.php
 
That Nautilus house is cool as hell.. but I don't think I could live in it.. I would feel like I was living on a never ending trip... Too cool...
 
Do you remember anything else in the video?

The Guggeheim ...or

The "Keong Emas", Golden Snail, Imax Theather
...
The Nautilus House
..

Nope, not those. The video isn't handy any more, but memory says it was the size of a large concession stand or small animal house, and the snail helix axis was horizontal like a child's snail drawing.
 
More about the snail building - I saw the video again, which is part of a test video from Rohde and Schwarz. The few people I talked to thought the scene was taped in China, but could say no more. Also, I remembered incorrectly - the axis of the snail is vertical, and there are two such buildings next to each other. I did remember correctly that there was a waterfall sort of fountain in some shots on this tape, also a scene of someone spraying a water hose onto tall trees.
 
Back
Top Bottom