woofmytweets
Super Member
OK, so i have a question for the experts:
I have a pair of Amphion Creon speakers.https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/amphion/creon.shtml
I also have a pair of Yamaha MX-1000 amplifiers.
currently, I'm running them in bi-amped mode, with the one MX-1000 driving each speaker, Left channel for the HF terminals, and Right for the Low's. According to the manual, they do support bi-amping, but not a whole lot of detail is present in the manual.
I've been told by a couple people, that i'm going to "burn out my tweeters", and also the opposite, from a dealer I trust, but who also sells new Amphions (coincidentally).
I am a little concerned, but i have been operating under the assumption that the crossover in the speakers is doing its job and it's been functional for the better part of a year like this (and sounds excellent).....I don't crank it up very loud either....but the MX is a bit of a beast, as 260W/channel, so i thought i would see what you guys think.
thanks, everyone
I have a pair of Amphion Creon speakers.https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/amphion/creon.shtml
I also have a pair of Yamaha MX-1000 amplifiers.
currently, I'm running them in bi-amped mode, with the one MX-1000 driving each speaker, Left channel for the HF terminals, and Right for the Low's. According to the manual, they do support bi-amping, but not a whole lot of detail is present in the manual.
I've been told by a couple people, that i'm going to "burn out my tweeters", and also the opposite, from a dealer I trust, but who also sells new Amphions (coincidentally).
I am a little concerned, but i have been operating under the assumption that the crossover in the speakers is doing its job and it's been functional for the better part of a year like this (and sounds excellent).....I don't crank it up very loud either....but the MX is a bit of a beast, as 260W/channel, so i thought i would see what you guys think.
thanks, everyone