• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Buy stuff at Best Buy with 2 dollar bills , get arrested

14,000 pennys would hurt you to carry, but I guess you could ask for help from the greeter at the front door.
 
My sister and I bought a television for our parents at Best Buy because they had the lowest price. The salesperson refused to help get it down from the shelf... I also had to retrieve a flat cart on my own to move it to the front of the store. I'm never setting foot in that hellhole again.
 
This whole thing REALLY ticks me off. I hope the poor schnook gets VERY WELL off this one. I remember when you went into a store, you were treated like a king. Now, it's basically an adversarial relationship at best in a lot of stores. Lots of places treat you like they're doing you a favor just to answer a few questions about the item you're interested in-if the staff know -or care- the answer in the first place. Hell, half the fun of buying something USED to be going to a store, getting a salesman,yanking his chain a bit, arguing over the price, and getting yr item. Not anymore. You used to get to know yr salesguy, he knew you, knew what you liked. You knew his family, asked about them, & he always asked about yours. Good stores would let you take things home to see if they were gonna "work" for you or not. Imagine trying that in a Breast Buy nowadays. Or Wally-World. But believe it or not, my grandmother did it all the time. I know, it's not 1965 anymore. Helluva shame.-Sandy G.
 
Sandy G said:
This whole thing REALLY ticks me off. I hope the poor schnook gets VERY WELL off this one. I remember when you went into a store, you were treated like a king. Now, it's basically an adversarial relationship at best in a lot of stores. Lots of places treat you like they're doing you a favor just to answer a few questions about the item you're interested in-if the staff know -or care- the answer in the first place. Hell, half the fun of buying something USED to be going to a store, getting a salesman,yanking his chain a bit, arguing over the price, and getting yr item. Not anymore. You used to get to know yr salesguy, he knew you, knew what you liked. You knew his family, asked about them, & he always asked about yours. Good stores would let you take things home to see if they were gonna "work" for you or not. Imagine trying that in a Breast Buy nowadays. Or Wally-World. But believe it or not, my grandmother did it all the time. I know, it's not 1965 anymore. Helluva shame.-Sandy G.
Thank you Sam Walton for setting all of this into motion. :mad:
 
"For Baltimore County police, said spokesman Bill Toohey, 'It's a sign that we're all a little nervous in the post-9/11 world.' "

Air bubbles from the mouth of a drowning bureaucrat.
 
Doncha jes' love it how they get away with blaming EVERYTHING nowadays on 9/11? IF I ran a Police Dept, & one of my officers pulled a boner like this one & tried to pack it off on 9/11 jitters or "nerves", his ass would be gone quicker than you CAN SAY "9/11". There is no excuse for this sort of utter incompetence, 9-feckin'-11 or not. And WHEN a "9/11" happens again-and mark my words, I honestly believe it will, God help us all-what are they gonna blame it on then? 9/11? Grrrrrrrrr....-Sandy G.
 
Sandy G said:
Good stores would let you take things home to see if they were gonna "work" for you or not. Imagine trying that in a Breast Buy nowadays. Or Wally-World. But believe it or not, my grandmother did it all the time. I know, it's not 1965 anymore. Helluva shame.-Sandy G.

We STILL do that. Naturally, we get a credit card number or something, to have, just in case someone decides to "take us for a ride"... but we readily give "weekend home auditions" for most stuff we carry.

I really don't understand why people put up with the crappy service and lack of any consideration of knowledge by the "schmucks" in these behemoth chain stores. Is it really worth it, to get the item for 50 cents less?

Personally, I've gone on a campaign, to weed bad service out of my life. First to go: Home Depot. Went into one, and they refused to have someone cut down some styrofoam sheet insulation on the panel saw, even though THE SAME STORE AND MANY OTHERS had done it MANY times before. Just because some assistant manager AND manager wasn't willing to use common sense. And this was after waiting 20 MINUTES to get ANY "assistance" at all... nobody to be found, by way of store employees, for that long.

Left there, went to a Lowes (first place I came to), IMMEDIATELY ran into a young guy (probably about 19-20 or so) working there, and asked if he could cut the styrofoam insulation on the saw for me. He was, at first, hesitant, but he said, if I wanted, he'd try it, though he was worried about the saw tearing up the material. He hadn't tried it before, and I could see, wondering what effect the saw would have on that material. But, we did it, and lo and behold... NICE CLEAN "factory-cut-like" edges. I could tell, he was IMPRESSED to learn something... he would REMEMBER that, and would have NO PROBLEM doing it for anyone else.

Later, I went into a different Lowes, and asked to have some MORE insulation cut... and was QUICKLY helped by an older guy, in his 40s. This time, I wasn't really worrying about the edge cut, so cutting with a utility knife, whatever, would have been OK. But, without me even saying anything further, he went right over to the saw, set up a "cutting jig" (2x4 clamped into position on the saw frame, as a stop) to get the cuts all the same size, and whipped it right out.

Nice to see at least SOMEBODY can still use common sense...

I've already weeded HH Gregg out of my life (try to find anyone to help for ANYTHING in there!), in addition to Home Depot, and now Best Buy. Wal-Mart is THIS CLOSE to being on the list as well. Who's next? To quote Bruce Campbell in "Army of Darkness": "Who wants some?" :uzi:

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Last edited:
Home Detox service *sucks*. I avoid big-box chains whenever possible. Bad service, snotnosed kids with no product knowledge, incompetent management, and predatory business practices. What's not to detest? ;)

TP
 
Another thing I miss is "Downtowns" w/all the different stores. It was a thrill to get to go to Gay Street in Knoxville between Thanksgiving & Christmas when I was a kid. You had Miller's, General Products-where they had KEWL electronic gizmos, Kimball's Jewelers,(Mama loved that, they did have neat watches & stuff), S&W cafeteria- there was magic in the air that malls or Wally-world just don't have. Now Gay street is just another run-down urban combat zone-all those places are long since gone or decamped to The Mall. Awww, it maybe ain't all THAT bad, but it certainly is a far cry from when I was a tadpole.-Sandy G.
 
This is crap,period

Sandy G said:
This whole thing REALLY ticks me off. I hope the poor schnook gets VERY WELL off this one. I remember when you went into a store, you were treated like a king. Now, it's basically an adversarial relationship at best in a lot of stores. Lots of places treat you like they're doing you a favor just to answer a few questions about the item you're interested in-if the staff know -or care- the answer in the first place. Hell, half the fun of buying something USED to be going to a store, getting a salesman,yanking his chain a bit, arguing over the price, and getting yr item. Not anymore. You used to get to know yr salesguy, he knew you, knew what you liked. You knew his family, asked about them, & he always asked about yours. Good stores would let you take things home to see if they were gonna "work" for you or not. Imagine trying that in a Breast Buy nowadays. Or Wally-World. But believe it or not, my grandmother did it all the time. I know, it's not 1965 anymore. Helluva shame.-Sandy G.


Thanks to places like Walmart,BB etc, service has gone down the crapper! I worked for a local TV shop as a kid. The owner always took care of his customers. He taught me to be the same way. I work for Sears and it will be interesting how bad the "sellout" to K-Mart hurts us. I try to treat the customer like gold. We had some very bad floods here in the Northeast last week. A family whose basement flooded came in and bought a washer. They get it home and its trashed. I had them come back and reselect. Gave them a better one and delivered it..the same day. Got out there and saw the lost 30 feet of property in that flood. Their back yard was about 80 feet to the river, they got 50 feet left.

BB should give them their money back and hope they don't get sued. I would sue 'em fro this crap!

Eric
 
Ive found a very easy and effective way to get service at Home Depot,Wal-Mart,etc:I have my wife come in with me while she's still all dressed up from work.I can be in there by myself for two hours,with employees racing for the back room to avoid eye contact,but my wife sashays in,and we have men with name tags parachuting down in front of us,guys literally RUNNNING over to help us.My wife was talking to her boss on her cell,and a male employee heard her,and ran over to get what she needed before she even hung up.So all we need is to get makeup and boobs.Problem solved. :yes:
Jimmy
 
Your wife have any unmarried sisters?

2DualsNotEnough said:
Ive found a very easy and effective way to get service at Home Depot,Wal-Mart,etc:I have my wife come in with me while she's still all dressed up from work.I can be in there by myself for two hours,with employees racing for the back room to avoid eye contact,but my wife sashays in,and we have men with name tags parachuting down in front of us,guys literally RUNNNING over to help us.My wife was talking to her boss on her cell,and a male employee heard her,and ran over to get what she needed before she even hung up.So all we need is to get makeup and boobs.Problem solved. :yes:
Jimmy
Who like Vintage Stuff? :naughty: :lmao:

Eric
 
Back
Top Bottom