• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Buying first blank cassette in 20years

jeffn

Mid-Fi Crisis
I am wanting to buy a blank cassette for the OPtonica I found thrown out. In my youth, I used to buy TDK SA-X tapes............ woohoo they were the ducks nuts. Now all i can source is TDK D90's. They were cr*p back then.

So, I am hoping that the once lowly D90 is now as good as the SA-X used to be........ Have things improved?

(the SA-X wasn't TOTL, but all i could afford.)
 
Register to hide this ad
No the d90 is a type 1 tape. Now that metal(iv) is no longer made the best you can do is high bias(type II.) I have had decent luck with the maxell XLII at walgreens. Alot will depend on if your deck has adjustable bias. I am a tdk fan as well but I don't know of anywhere locally with anything but the d90.
 
I am in the process of moving my wife from Indiana to Ohio. While we were going through her "stuff" last weekend, I ran across a pretty good size box of cassettes, all of which were still sealed. There were several brands represented but I don't remember which formulations were there. I should have my hands on them by this weekend. If you are still interested, email me and I'll let you know what I have.
 
Back
Top Bottom