• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C-30

chef free

Super Member
A few months back I scored my first McIntosh component, an MC2200. After hearing how much better it sounds I decided to get apreamp. I just got a C30 (with fresh glass). I have a few questions for the more Mc expirenced:

What do the output/speaker switches do?
What is the 2.5v/.75v switch for?
Is it OK to plug the MC 2200 into the C30 power outlets?
 
Register to hide this ad
I had a C30 for a while. It is a fantastic preamp - I upgraded to a newer C712 primarily for the remote control.

The C30 has three main outputs - one that is always on and two that are switched from the front panel. This is a nice feature and allows you to have three amps connected and controlled by the C30.

I don't recall a sensitivity switch on mine.

I also used the switched outlets on my C30 to turn on an MC2100. The MC2100 is not as large as the 2200, but if the max power consumption of the 2200 is within the specs of the switched outlets on the C30, I don't think there would be any issues.

-Matt
 
I had a C30 for a while. It is a fantastic preamp - I upgraded to a newer C712 primarily for the remote control.

The C30 has three main outputs - one that is always on and two that are switched from the front panel. This is a nice feature and allows you to have three amps connected and controlled by the C30.

I don't recall a sensitivity switch on mine.

I also used the switched outlets on my C30 to turn on an MC2100. The MC2100 is not as large as the 2200, but if the max power consumption of the 2200 is within the specs of the switched outlets on the C30, I don't think there would be any issues.

-Matt

Thanks Matt, (I bought it from you didn't I?)
 
Hi chef free -

Perhaps you did buy it from me! I'm glad that you are enjoying it. It must really sound great with that 2200.

I'm also glad to see that you found AK - what a great resource for information.

One of the things I miss about the C30 is the multiple outlets on the rear and the two extra main outs. My new C712 only has a single main out which limits my future flexibility a little.

Unfortunately my 2100 which has not been refurbed yet, lost a channel last night. So I'm back to my old ST-70 for now.

-Matt
 
Back
Top Bottom