• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C-6, C-60 Comparison

highwaychile

Well-Known Member
I've been using a Phase Linear 700 amp with some Klipsch KG-4's for the last few months. I used a Yamaha C-60 preamp for a month or so and was quite happy with it, but it does have a shorting issue with the pre-outs. Therefore, when I scored a Carver CT-29V I hooked it up to the PL and set the C-60 aside for awhile. Since then I've also scored a Yamaha C-6. It appears that a little deoxit will have this puppy running smoothly, so I ask the experts here: how would you compare the C-60 and C-6? I'm especially interested in the EQ performance/capabilities.
Thanks, I'll eagerly await any responses.
 
Register to hide this ad
Finally got re-supplied with Deoxit and was able to get the C-6 working clean as a whistle. I'll be trying that out for a bit. Did some studying up on the parametric equalization so I'm eager to tinker with that feature. I also pulled the C-60 out again and most definitely need to get the left channel RCA of the preouts repaired.
 
Last edited:
How'd the C-6 work out?

I recently acquired a C-6 in a trade, tested it only with a CD player and headphones so far...sounded pretty good to me. My main references are a Kenwood C-2 and the internal preamp in an Advent 350. Let me know if you like the phono stage in the C-6. I'll post again once I've tried it. Hard to find evaluations of the C-6 online. Some seem to claim it was an inferior entry in the C preamp line. Best,
Nick

<edit shortly after posting: oh yeah, guess I should try an A/B with the preamp section in my Yamaha CA-810 sometime...>
 
Back
Top Bottom