• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C2200 12AT7 Recommendation

Robmag

Active Member
A friend of mine today asked me to recommend NOS tubes for his C2200. He said he wanted to try some vintage tubes. For the 12AX7's I recommended the Telefunken smooth plates, that one was easy. I told him they were great tubes and they were very quiet. I have used them in my Scott 299B and 296 and they never let you down! For the 12AT7's I have no experience with them and could not make a recommendation. So I am interested to hear what you guys recommend to go with the Telefunken 12AX7's in a C2200?

Regards,
Rob
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't know if they 'work the same' in a preamp application, but when I got some NOS Siemens & Halske 12AT7s as drivers for my 300B amps, they added a bit of sparkle and resolution that I was looking for. If that's what you're looking for, maybe try some ...

I see Tubemonger has a couple varieties now:
http://www.tubemonger.com/Siemens_Halske_1960s_3_MICA_E81CC_Munich_ECC81_p/629m.htm

(and some others too) he's a great seller IMO, stands behind his tubes.
 
Back
Top Bottom