• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C2300 clearance?

robinje

RockinRobin
Hi. I recently bought a C220 preamp and it's GREAT! I am running a LOMC cartridge (Lyra Dorian) through an external phono stage (Modwright), then into the C220. I am considering "simplifying" my system by eliminating the external phono stage and trading up from the C220 to the C2300 so that I can continue using moving coil cartridges. The problem is, my rack has fixed shelves and the spacing would leave just barely more than one inch above the C2300 chassis. Would this be okay? It seems like it would, based on the fact that my C220 chassis top barely becomes warm at all even during extended use. And, there seem to be only a limited number of vents on top of the C2300 anyway from the pics I've seen, so heat must not be an issue there. I know, I wouldn't be able to see the glass tube "display" with the C2300 in my rack, but that's okay. I am only really concerned if heat buildup will be an issue or not. Any thoughts on this? Thanks!

Jim
 
Register to hide this ad
More room is always better but you should be OK with only 1". Is your rack enclosed or open on the sides and back? If it is enclosed you could cut an opening on the back to help air flow. You could always get a small fan to mount in the back of the rack.

I did a setup with a C2200 (which has light bulbs instead of the LEDs in the C2300 and makes much more heat than the C2300). In this setup the only shelf available only had 1" clearance and he has been using his C2200 this way for a year with no problems.

The C2300 phono section is great, I highly recommend it.

Victor
 
Back
Top Bottom