• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C2300 Output Level Meter displays 20 dB less in one channel

lennartj

Carlsson-fan
One day the left channel Output Level meter on my C2300 indicates 20 dB lower output than the right channel, but the actual level is still the same from the left and right channels.
This is regardless of input selected, mono activated or not, any output used, balanced or not, and swapping left and right channels and the balance setting always at 0.

I have seen the instructions for cailbrating the Output Level Meters on the C2300 but I really don't think they apply to me, as this indicated 20 dB level drop appeared from one day to the other and remains,
I suppose it must be due to some component failure.
I am also surprised that this can happen at all, the meters must be connected AFTER all outputs.
 
Register to hide this ad
If your actual sound levels haven’t changed, I would suspect the meter has gone bad. It’s not that hard to change if you are careful. New meter is about $100.

I had a meter go bad on my C1100.
 
Agreed, as stated, if the audio levels are good, I would be putting money on the meter being bad.
I have just replaced a meter in my MC452.
See if you can reverse the meters by swapping them around so the left meter drive is connected to the right meter and so on.
If the same meter is showing the issue, then the meter needs replacing.
 
Back
Top Bottom