• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C32 Auto-On Chassis Mounted Relay - Picture anyone?

geebjen

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Does anyone happen to have a picture of the original chassis mounted relay in their C32? I'm working on one that was missing the relay. I was able to get an original, but I'd like to be able to see how it was mounted.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a shell I used to make a video and it is on eBay under C32 Ribbon Kit. See if that works for you. If not I can take a good picture but there are no Wires attached as it was used in a Beta Testing our ribbons. Good Luck.
 
Thanks. I've actually seen that video! But as far as I can tell, the auto on board and relay are not installed in that c32. If you have a c32 that has the relay and can take a picture that would be awesome. Appreciate your time

Steve
 
You are correct........ My notes indicated it was removed when I made the video since no Ribbon Cables went to it..... Sorry. Youtube: "McIntosh C32 Large Capacitor Replacement" may give you a glimpse at the very end of the video? Good Luck.
Oh, there was a service bulletin for that board. See attachment.

​

 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-09-26 at 8.42.17 PM.png
    Screenshot 2026-09-26 at 8.42.17 PM.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks again, and I've watched that one too. Unfortunately his has the later Auto-On PCB with the Relay on-board. It seems the early ones with the chassis mounted relay are pretty rare. Again, I appreciate your tips.
 
YouTube happened to put this video in my feed today:

And it has great views of the chassis mounted relay. I've attached a screenshot.

Hope this helps someone else out some day.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-09-28 002233.jpg
    Screenshot 2026-09-28 002233.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the link. That was a tremendous amount of time and effort to remove all those ribbon and jumper cable headers "And" make the cables for it. Well done but a lot of work.
 
Back
Top Bottom