• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

C34V Monitor Amp DC offset

jlovda

Things I loved from the 60's and 70's
Subscriber
I measure 23mv offset on both channels. This comes to about 66mw for 8 ohms. Is this within the normal range? Awhile back one channel had a 2.5v offset and I burned out two speakers because I put both speakers on that channel trying to figure out where the distortion was coming from. They got repaired. I changed both differential input transistors with correct parts on the bad channel and corrected the problem.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
16mV - 50mV: An acceptable value, especially at the lower end of this range. 2nd harmonic distortion is probably twice to four times what manufacturer's spec calls for at higher frequencies. Probably not audible, as the distortion is mostly in the upper octaves. At the upper end of this range I begin to raise an eyebrow. :saywhat:
I'd say you're in the acceptable range of DC offset.

 
Back
Top Bottom