• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

CA-800 Bias Problems After DOA Rebuild

I removed the incorrect 4.7k ohm resistors R626 & R627 and installed the correct 4.7 ohm resistors. It's working!

Class B Mode bias was set at 50 mV
Class A Mode bias at 850 mV

It sounds amazing, really. I've had a chance to listen to a lot of cool vintage sets and amps but this CA-800 is moving to the top of my favorites list!

Thank you avionic and mbz for weighing in. I really appreciate the effort and the mental nudge.

In case anyone else comes across this thread and is working on the CA-800 amp board, here's a little more detailed image of the components:
View media item 15347
 
Last edited:
It sounds amazing, really. I've had a chance to listen to a lot of cool vintage sets and amps but this CA-800 is moving to the top of my favorites list!
Glad that it's working.

The CA-800 is a good amp, the CA-1000 is better and the CA-1000II is slightly better again. All share the same basic mechanics=PITA to rebuild.
Yamaha took a slightly different tact with the CA-1010 and 2010 (both same/easier rebuild) which are impressive but some people prefer the CA-1000
 
Back
Top Bottom