• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cabinet for Altec 601C Duplex

Galaxie65

Always looking for new gear to try
Subscriber
Anyone have any suggestions for a cabinet? I heard of the mini or petite Onken but are there others? Or maybe some blueprints of the Onken or others?

These came in some pretty rough Karlson cabs and I don’t think I can rid them of the smells lol.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

CDC0FAB5-F327-4B1E-97A9-389F6C6C9F64.jpeg
A96DCDD9-BB8F-4DEA-93E0-03077198623B.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
I think the Karlsons have a certain "coolness factor" about them in that practically nobody has seen, let alone heard one. I've seen a few, but would love to hear one. I've even seen 604s in Karlsons used as stage monitors.

I would keep them, but refinish them to be more approprate with the decor. If the look bothers you, a grill cloth could be added.
karlsonarticle0005.jpg
 
Last edited:
Altec 614 cabinet.jpg Got enough room for a 3-5 cu ft. cabinet? Is your Altec a 12" or 15"? This cabinet if for a 12".
 
Last edited:
View attachment 1515085 Got enough room for a 3-5 cu ft. cabinet? Is your Altec a 12" or 15"? This cabinet if for a 12".

Thanks for the pic, it’s a 12in driver. I’m curious what the idea size cabinet would best suit the 12in Duplex. I have read about the Onken petite cabinet but can’t seem to find any plans for them.
 
Anyone have some ideas? I was also thinking of restoring the Karlson cabinet. Does anyone know what The big difference was between the 601-a/b/c and so on was? I can’t seem to find anything that really says something about that.
 
I'm working on the same problem (what cabs for my new to me 601c's). Made a post, got about the same responses (not much). Let me know if you find any solid info please.

I just received a pair that looks new with both tweeters working 100%!!!
 
Back
Top Bottom