• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cabinet Identification?

mdmyler

New Member
Hi all. Hoping someone can help me identify these speakers I picked up recently. They have a set of JBL 375s with a horn, and old Jensen 15" drivers, the guy I got them from also gave me a single Tannoy and Altec crossover in a box (I thought maybe leftovers from a Frankenstein build). I can't find anything that look like these online so hoping someone can help. I think i've looked at every Altec Lancing model ever made, but the legs are all different. Thanks in advance for any input.

Two matching - Dimensions are 39.5"x 33"x 22"
 

Attachments

  • processed-9EB99BDF-E051-4843-8704-B1F495A3B2E0.jpeg
    processed-9EB99BDF-E051-4843-8704-B1F495A3B2E0.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 47
  • processed-28D4E21D-ADED-46B7-82D1-5BF6CB3F6549.jpeg
    processed-28D4E21D-ADED-46B7-82D1-5BF6CB3F6549.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 42
  • processed-689C355F-BD95-4807-8DAF-BBFA2BBE75E4.jpeg
    processed-689C355F-BD95-4807-8DAF-BBFA2BBE75E4.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 55
  • processed-5629A03F-FA90-4DA2-B843-ADA8A7EB89FE.jpeg
    processed-5629A03F-FA90-4DA2-B843-ADA8A7EB89FE.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 55
  • processed-C8E330EA-F411-42EB-B3D5-C7A014838FBD.jpeg
    processed-C8E330EA-F411-42EB-B3D5-C7A014838FBD.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 57
  • processed-FD48564C-63D3-4CD4-8733-7B33FA361B39.jpeg
    processed-FD48564C-63D3-4CD4-8733-7B33FA361B39.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 50
  • processed-FF760BE0-62BB-4F39-B258-15E4CD9256A4.jpeg
    processed-FF760BE0-62BB-4F39-B258-15E4CD9256A4.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 48
Register to hide this ad
Very nice! To me they look like a one-off but well made. I've seen blueprints for most Altec and EV cabinets, none like those. Is that a photo of the crossover in these cabinets or the crossovers you mention?
 
No idea. But you got one heckofa mono setup started there you lucky dog! Congratulations!

Biggles
 
I'm not 100% convinced the cabinets began life as speakers, or anything more than console extension speakers. The cabinets have a bit of Zenith vibe, they made some consoles in the early/mid 60's with angled legs very similar to those.

Personally, i'd harvest the 375 and move along.

What are the horns made of? Any identifying features on them?
 
I'm not 100% convinced the cabinets began life as speakers, or anything more than console extension speakers. The cabinets have a bit of Zenith vibe, they made some consoles in the early/mid 60's with angled legs very similar to those.

Personally, i'd harvest the 375 and move along.

What are the horns made of? Any identifying features on them?
I haven't taken them out or done a proper explore yet. I'll let you know. They appear to be fiberglass?
 
Very nice! To me they look like a one-off but well made. I've seen blueprints for most Altec and EV cabinets, none like those. Is that a photo of the crossover in these cabinets or the crossovers you mention?
The crossovers inside of these are different. I got a Tannoy and an Altec crossover in a box with these...I thought maybe they were leftovers from the boxes potentially...
 
From here they look like someone studied the design of the Altec 846a Valencia's and tried to improve them. At least the styling is similar. Mine looked like those until I "improved" mine.

00L0L_h6AcH4awz0Y_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpgALTEC system.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom