• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calling all Visonik HiFi experts...

Sonance'84

moe.ron
Subscriber
So I picked up a pair of Visonik HiFi 'David 7000' monitors and a 'Sub 1' (passive sub), but will need help sourcing the correct foam for the mid/woofs. Also, one tweeter is blown. I'll have to find someone who can fix it or find a used one. Any tips on who to ask would be great. It's too bad the monitors don't have rubber surrounds like the sub does, which all look very similar to ADS drivers.

This is a cool set and I can't wait to bring it back to life. I'd be interested in any literature on the David 7000 and Sub 1, if anyone has some to share. Being an M&K fanboy, I've heard of Visonik from the David & Goliath combo they marketed, but this is my first hands on experience with Visonik gear. Any help and/or tips would be appreciated!

EDIT: I found some info on these little speakers here, just right-click and translate to english; http://www.hifi-wiki.de/index.php/Visonik_David_7000

"General
  • Manufacturer: Visonik
  • Model: David 7000
  • Years: around 1980
  • Made in Germany
  • Color: black, walnut
  • Dimensions: 250 x 161 x 170 mm (HxWxD)
  • Weight: 4.5 kg
  • Factory price approx .:
Technical specifications
  • Design: 2-way closed, compact / wall loudspeaker
  • Chassis:
    • Woofer: 1x 130 mm
    • Tweeter: 1x 25 mm (dome)
  • Power rating (nominal / music):? / 70 W
  • Efficiency: 86dB (1W / 1m)
  • Frequency response:
    • 70 - 17,000 Hz (± 2 dB)
    • 40 - 25,000 Hz (+ 4 / -8 dB)
  • Transition ranges: 2,500 Hz
  • Impedance: 4 - 8 Ohm
Special equipment
  • LED overload indicator for the tweeter"

20171005_150628.jpg 20171006_101228.jpg 20171006_101834.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The only Visonik speakers I've ever seen were subs and amps for cars. I have a 10" sub in a box with the 300w sub amp mounted on the side of the box. It fit perfect behind the rear seat of my 2002 Jeep Wrangler. It has held up to much dirt and banging around on the trail for the passed 13 years.
 
The only Visonik speakers I've ever seen were subs and amps for cars. I have a 10" sub in a box with the 300w sub amp mounted on the side of the box. It fit perfect behind the rear seat of my 2002 Jeep Wrangler. It has held up to much dirt and banging around on the trail for the passed 13 years.

Yeah, that's not the same company. Most people will know these by the "David & Goliath" system.
DavidGoliath1359x900.jpg


Found this on the LPGear website also, who carry a current model of the Davids:
"Visonik speakers

In 1975, the small speaker DAVID from VISONIK created a true sensation. Small in size as a paperback, it achieved the quality requirements to fulfill the German industry standard for HiFi loudspeakers - the DIN 45 500. This was ground-breaking since only big loudspeakers accomplished the standard.

The nature of the DAVID's sound caused experts and studio recording professionals to change their opinion. This was the start of VISONIK's triumphant ascent around the world - yielding one award after the other.

A strong focus on research and development assures the remarkable position of VISONIK. Worldwide, from ZDF in Germany, recording studios in the USA to the BBC in Great Britain, professionals place their faith in the VISONIK DAVID as a small monitor speaker."
 
Last edited:
I added a link to the first post, showing the specs of the speaker.

It says the mid/woofs are 130mm, which is 5.118". Not sure what size to order?
 
Back in the late 80s I worked for a reconing company in St. Paul, MN by the name of Market Speaker. They refoamed a couple pairs of smaller Visonik woofs during my tenure and they were great sounding little speakers in my opinion. Since that time they have changed their name and location to Midwest Speaker in Roseville, MN. No longer affiliated but they may be able to help as they have been reconing since the 50s. Just a suggestion, best of luck.
 
Back in the late 80s I worked for a reconing company in St. Paul, MN by the name of Market Speaker. They refoamed a couple pairs of smaller Visonik woofs during my tenure and they were great sounding little speakers in my opinion. Since that time they have changed their name and location to Midwest Speaker in Roseville, MN. No longer affiliated but they may be able to help as they have been reconing since the 50s. Just a suggestion, best of luck.

Thanks, I appreciate the help! I'll send them an email to see what they suggest.
 
Wasn't this stuff mostly using ADS/Braun woofers and tweeters? If so, the tweeters can be worked on by Richard So.
 
HECO and ADS/Braun are both German brands, very similar construction. Just going by what I read elsewhere about the Visonik drivers.

Already contacted Richard So and he can rebuild Visonik tweeters. Thanks for that option. :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top Bottom