• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Calm Down Bose Haters

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouttree

Member
I recently posted a thread for help building a Bose 901 system. I got a bunch of smack about how crappy Bose Speakers are and how I shouldn't do it. :nono:Give me a BREAK people. Were not all experts on the best quality sound systems. I just want to build a Bose 901 system for the fun of it.:yes: Its a free country I also served twenty five years in the military to keep it that way so if I want to build a Bose 901 system you control geeks can stuff it:thumbsdn:
 
Register to hide this ad
People said crazy things about the things Ben Franklin wanted to build.

I'm not saying you're a modern day Ben Franklin, but if you want to go for building a 901 system, the only person you need to please, is yourself.


I wish you luck on it and be sure to document it with photos. Maybe modify the design for improved performance? Or add some custom touches?


However you proceed, good luck with it!:thmbsp:
 
I totally agree!! You go right ahead and build your Bose system.

When you are done, if you want to build your own Yogo ... you go right ahead and build it!

Regards,
Jerry
 

Attachments

  • yugo.jpg
    yugo.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 69
I believe Grumpy calls that "reverse snobbery" or something similar to it. Go ahead and build that 901 system. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
 
Bose

Never have heard 901's in action, but they seem to be the least criticized of the Bose lineup. I have owned 201,301,401. 3 months ago I pawned a pair of 501's because I listed them on CL and never got 1 call. Interested to see your end product. Follow your ears!!!
 
A lot of the anger comes from Bose spending all their money on advertising to sell goofy designed speakers with crappy drivers that do not deliver for prices you can get some seriously good stuff for. It is a bit of a white van approach only with high end looking advertising and stores. It really is a facade for the most part. They do build some listenable speakers but almost 100% of the time the same price will bring much better gear. Were not snobby just involved enough to understand this.

All that said if you want to build 901 copies do it. Who cares what we think.
 
seems like a waste of time.... just wait for a nice vintage pair comes your way cheap;
dynaco
Acoustic Research
70's infinity

There are so many more options than bose..... bose... Isn't that word just lame in itself?...... I hate it because they are claiming in their ads to be so "musically intellectual" ....actually is just over-priced flashy BS.
in the same era the paradigm titan and the boston a-70 were cheaper and more efficient than Wose systems.....
 
A lot of the anger comes from Bose spending all their money on advertising to sell goofy designed speakers with crappy drivers that do not deliver for prices you can get some seriously good stuff for. It is a bit of a white van approach only with high end looking advertising and stores. It really is a facade for the most part. They do build some listenable speakers but almost 100% of the time the same price will bring much better gear. Were not snobby just involved enough to understand this.

All that said if you want to build 901 copies do it. Who cares what we think.
GINX! super simulpost... we read each others' minds!
DOUBLE slam down on bose.... this is the BEST reason NOT to build this system..... god is trying to tell you something!
 
I recently posted a thread for help building a Bose 901 system. I got a bunch of smack about how crappy Bose Speakers are and how I shouldn't do it. :nono:Give me a BREAK people. Were not all experts on the best quality sound systems. I just want to build a Bose 901 system for the fun of it.:yes: Its a free country I also served twenty five years in the military to keep it that way so if I want to build a Bose 901 system you control geeks can stuff it:thumbsdn:


Follow your ears and see were it takes you:yes: Some people jump on the band wagon of Bose bashing to be "Hip":scratch2: The 901's still impress my ears, Along with the Advents, Dynaco A 25 and other speakers I own.
Go at it!!!:music:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 46
I bought 901 Series IV's and they are/were one of the best speakers I've owned. This was in '77 or so. Other top speaks I have are Kinetic Audio and Legacy.

How will you go about building them? From ready made plans of some sort, or copying from another set of 901's? Will you use original 901 Bose drivers? Are you also gonna build the EQ yourself?

Good luck with the project!
 
If you want to home brew 901's I am sure with all the expertise on Audiokarma as a group we could improve upon Bose's design and come up with a great speaker.
Bashing on Bose is not constructive to what bouttree is trying to accomplish imo.
 
MODERATOR NOTE:

Thread is closed pending review by the Forum Moderator when he becomes available. Nothing here but bad attitudes on both sides of the equation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom