• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Camber Speaker ID

Luckyorleans

Super Member
Looking at a pair of Camber speakers as I have been interested in those for a while. The seller said the ID tag fell off so he does not know the model. The indicated size is 8 ½" wide, 11" deep, 16" tall - pictures below. I understand that a lot of these had a SEAS tweeter in them as well.

Any ideas are appreciated.

camber.jpg

camber2.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Those like like Camber 3.5. I had a pair when I was a poor college student, and they were pretty nice for a modest price.

Did some googling and the 3.5 has the port on the bottom left. I did find the numbering system they used and from the pics it looks like these were 1.5s. At 16" tall that makes sense.
 
Was Camber a Canadian company?
Seems there were many audio/speaker companies that had access the the national sound chamber or some other function. Most of those companies seemed to put out pretty good speakers. Seemed like several of those companies didn't stick around long term.

If Camber isn't/wasn't Canadian, never mind.
 
Those are 1.5's. I have the 3.5 ti's. Awesome speakers. I do think Camber is one of the most underrated speakers of all time. The 3.5's make great studio speakers. Similar to the pro 22.
 
Was Camber a Canadian company?
Seems there were many audio/speaker companies that had access the the national sound chamber or some other function. Most of those companies seemed to put out pretty good speakers. Seemed like several of those companies didn't stick around long term.

If Camber isn't/wasn't Canadian, never mind.


Yes they were. They had access to the National Research Council testing facilities, which had a mandate to support Canadian product development. Good little piece here about that.

https://www.axiomaudio.com/nrc
 
20220709_160019.jpg Yes and because these Canadian speakers were able to get contracts with the government and CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company)
Camber and other Canadian speaker manufacturers were able to keep their MSRP cost down.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom