• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Cambridge Audio DacMagic Owners Thread

+1 new soon to be owner here. Ordered a unit from Audio Advisors - backordered and estimated to ship in a week. $399 Free shipping. I have been wanting a USB based DAC for awhile.

I have a Roku Soundbridge network music device I think I can use with this unit when I want to roam to a differerent part of the house (or just carry a laptop around I guess).

I found a link to the owners manual PDF on the AA site: http://www.audioadvisor.com/pdf/CADACMAGI.pdf
 
+1 new soon to be owner here. Ordered a unit from Audio Advisors - backordered and estimated to ship in a week. $399 Free shipping. I have been wanting a USB based DAC for awhile.

I have a Roku Soundbridge network music device I think I can use with this unit when I want to roam to a differerent part of the house (or just carry a laptop around I guess).

I found a link to the owners manual PDF on the AA site: http://www.audioadvisor.com/pdf/CADACMAGI.pdf

Spearit Sound had them in stock and mine shipped out TODAY. They were the same price as audioadvisor, but I decided to go with spearit sound because i want mine yesterday.. :D
 
I posted a "1st report" on my new DacMagic a few days back. Initial impressions: more detail and abit cleaner sound over all, especially in the Upper registers and more pronounced lo and mid range output. Still need to do more listening but like what I hear so far and not at all disapointed. It works as everyone has said.
 
I posted a "1st report" on my new DacMagic a few days back. Initial impressions: more detail and abit cleaner sound over all, especially in the Upper registers and more pronounced lo and mid range output. Still need to do more listening but like what I hear so far and not at all disapointed. It works as everyone has said.
Thanks for posting about the $50 price increase in your other thread.
 
I'm sorry, I guess I should have posted it here first. If it's better to keep all my comments here in the owners thread I will do that.
 
I'm sorry, I guess I should have posted it here first. If it's better to keep all my comments here in the owners thread I will do that.
No worries, I was not trying to be sarcastic and hope I didn't come across that way. I had not seen that there was a price increase and appreciate you posting about it.

The real purpose of this thread is to capture any modifications people might be doing to the Dacmagic's. I mentioned that in the first post.
 
Just dropped off by FedEx

Well it took more than 1 week after being backordered at AudioAdvisors. It sounds like I got in just under the gun on the price increase.

My unit was just delivered at my door by FedEx in the last 20 minutes. :banana::thmbsp::music:

So...I know what I'll be doing for a good portion of today and tomorrow. Here's a picture of the unit coming out of the shipping box:

IMAGE_00087-1.jpg
 
Well it took more than 1 week after being backordered at AudioAdvisors. It sounds like I got in just under the gun on the price increase.

My unit was just delivered at my door by FedEx in the last 20 minutes. :banana::thmbsp::music:

So...I know what I'll be doing for a good portion of today and tomorrow. Here's a picture of the unit coming out of the shipping box:

IMAGE_00087-1.jpg

It's a beautiful box isn't it! Just wait until you hear the sound! :D

Btw, price increase? So it's more than $400 now? :no:
 
Goodie,Goodie!
The confounded bridge Has re-opened
You've received all your new toys
And I have all next week off from work!
Lets pick an afternoon or evening ?
Id love to help you break it in alittle ~
Shoot me a PM Dick ....
 
Ok, I am loving this new gadget - listening to some WAVs of Jazz titles from music libraries on a couple of PCs, including a laptop with Windows 7. Installing the device in Vista and Win7 was seamless.

I'm listening in the bedroom system with a Sansui AU-717 driving Klipsch Fortes. Very rich low frequency and detailed mids and highs. Instead of sounding like a crappy computer sound card, it sounds like listening to the Denon 1290 CDP. :music:

Looks like I finally have a good reason to use the music library interface in Windows Media Center...

mediacenter_03.jpg


Goodie,Goodie!
The confounded bridge
Has re-opened
You've received all your new toys
And I have all next week off from work!
Lets pick an afternoon or evening ?
Id love to help you break it in alittle ~
Shoot me a PM Dick ....

excellent Mark! Looking forward to visiting with you. PM on the way. :thmbsp:

Edit: NICE, bonus points for The Crunge reference :D
 
Last edited:
Instead of sounding like a crappy computer sound card, it sounds like listening to the Denon 1290 CDP. :music:
And it's going to get better after you have 20-30 hours on it. :yes:

If anyone sees any articles or posts about doing modifications to the Dacmagic please post the link to it.
 
2nd dacmagic now installed in syst.#2 with diff. spks and amp. Out of the box impression same as the #1. CLEAN, DETAILED, GOODER BASS. just a nicer sounding playback than before. this from a Pio, 100 CD carosel ca. 1998.
Sys. #1 has a 1997 version of same Pio.
CDs auditioned were downloaded from web for me by a friend and they sounded fine to me from the get go. The Dacmagic just makes everthing sound better to me.
Sure glad I read this thread. It made me buy 2 ubdem.
 
I am a bit confused why the DacMagic is nearly twice the price of the Beresford TC-7520 around the world, but only £50 different in price in the UK.
 
Spending time ripping music to a computer without having a good DAC to play it with is like taking the time to sit down and enjoy a good read on the John and then finding you have no toilet paper.

Just takes all the joy out of it...

:smoke:
 
Back
Top Bottom