• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone help with an AKAI video reel to reel? Model is VT-700

Confusilated

New Member
Hi, I have a couple of questions about this Akai VT-700 reel to reel video I just acquired. It uses 1/4" tape. I was told I could use regular 1/4" audio reel to reel tape, but that the quality wouldn't be that good. Can anyone confirm that? I would just test it to see, but that brings me to the next question....It only seems to have a camera input, and I am not familiar with the input jack. It looks kind of like the female receptor to the kind of cable you would use for a CB radio antenna (it apparently has an outer sheath that has threads). I would like to hook up ANY video source to test, but I have no idea what that connection is and haven't had much luck scouring the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated : )
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom