• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone identify these components?

Jeepnmon

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
My wife and I were watching the first episode of the new "Sex in the City" sequel called "And Just Like That" and noticed some very cool looking audio gear. I'm curious if anyone can identify the tube amplifier, turntable and the speaker in the following photos.

20211216_185359.jpg 20211216_185549.jpg IMG_20211216_191914.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Interesting. I see some sort of logo on the turntable on top of the plinth - lower right.

I'll go back and rewatch that scene again. I guess it could be that they used fake props but I've seen times where real products were used also.
 
That tonearm vaguely resembles The Wand tonearm, but the pivot hardware is different.

ETA: also, I may be seeing things, but the turntable plinth and the amp top seem to have the same texture. It helps to enlarge them somewhat.
 
The amplifier looks custom built, single ended. Maybe 6BQ5 output tubes?
The other componant looks to be a speaker of some kind. Maybe a full range driver in the box and a horn or super tweeter on top.
 
The output tubes are too large for 6BQ5s, maybe Elrog ER300bs?
The front tubes and the xformers are sunken below top plate, so that could hide the bottom of the Elrogs...
Notice the Grado "woodies" to the left of the amp?
 
Last edited:
The tonearm does have a counterweight, it hangs straight down behind the pivot.
 
You know, I don't think the outputs are Elrog tubes, but they seem to have the same teat on top as the Elrogs, probably something European...
 
Back
Top Bottom