• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone identify this cap? blue electrolytic caps with an "A in an oval" logo

davideck

Member
Does anyone recognize this cap manufacturer? These blue caps with an "A in an oval" logo show up in NADs from Taiwan mixed in with Chemicon, etc., and they most often test good for value and ESR.
 

Attachments

  • Cap_Brand_Blue.png
    Cap_Brand_Blue.png
    622.4 KB · Views: 76
Register to hide this ad
I went to chat GPT which is an AI based search engine and asked it "what capacitor manufacturer uses a logo with a circle around an A" It responded:

The capacitor manufacturer you're referring to is **Nippon Chemi-Con**. Their logo features a stylized letter "A" enclosed in a circle. Nippon Chemi-Con is a well-known Japanese manufacturer of capacitors, especially electrolytic capacitors, and their products are widely used in various electronics industries.
If the logo you're thinking of has some specific variations or details, feel free to let me know, and I can try to further narrow it down.

I then tried to find them through a google image search but was unable to find the logo like you show and Chatgpt described. Maybe they changed their logo?
 
I don't know the answer but if betting were allowed here I would be putting money on that result being AI hallucination. Chemi-Con has one of the most distinctive logos that there is. Why would they be using another?
 
yeah thats not the Chemi-Con logo I'm familiar with.

1730925098562.png

Some of the older ones say Nippon Chemi-Con but its the same style. Small caps may not have the wording but its the same crest or whatever you want to call the shape around the "Chemi-Con" brand.
 
Thanks everyone. It's intriguing that NAD mixed them in with Chemicon. Perhaps they're a lower tier manufactured by Chemicon. Don't other top tier brands also make off name brands?
 
Back
Top Bottom