• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone identify this Fisher?

Register to hide this ad
In one of the auction pictures it says "Sears Audio by Fisher" "Model # 143-92551600" :scratch2:

Too late someone beat me to it. :D
 
Looks very similar internally to the RS-1056/1058, so it would be at most 90wpc or so. Bid accordingly.
 
Thanks, Yrly, for the info

That's what I thought. Intrigued by the "550W" in the back. Which one of your 1056/1058 has the same "550W"?
 
I don't have the RS-1058 but the RS-1056 has a powerdraw of 400 watts.My RS-1060's max draw is 800 watts but only rated 125 watts per channel,but a darn powerfull 125 wpc I'll say.The power consumption on the rear is just that,''max power consumption''.My RS-1080 is rated at 170 watts per channel and has a max power consumption of 1000 watts.RS-2010's rated 100 wpc and max consumption is 400 watts.RS-2015 is rated 150 wpc and max consumption is 650 watts. I'd second yrly on the unit in question being around 90 wpc witch is basicly what a RS-1058 is rated at.If it sounds anything like the RS-1056/1058, it should sound good. IMO the RS-1060/1080 are my favorate sounding units in the house. :music:
 
Thats got to be a Sanyo built unit. First, they took over Fisher in the 70s and second, tons of Sears stuff was OEM'd by Sanyo. Then again, Sears contracted a whole host of electronics co's starting around this time...

Looks well built; channel-isolated heatsinks with discrete devices and it is clean. Good luck
 
Checked the 1058, the 1058 is 90wpc and has a rated power draw of 500w. 550w isn't that much different, this might be 100wpc, but save for the tuner section it looks virtually identical on the inside, so I'm going to venture its fairly similar.

Performance should be decent, and its well worth the price (I'm tempted to bid seeing that no one has :)) However, its not the RS-1060, and not even close to it.

IMHO the 1060 is where they split from being competitive and more run of the mill, to being memorable.
 
I think I'll pass

Thanks for all your inputs, you guys are my best friends! :thmbsp:
It appears that the line is drawn between 1056 and 1060. I’ve already got a rs-2010 which is a sweet “little” unit but doesn’t excite me unfortunately, so I think I’ll pass on this one and wait for a 1060 to show up (it did not too long ago, I even corresponded with its seller who had every TOTL of most brands and he was getting rid of it to make room for a Ratshack unit that he recently got his hands on. Originally he had 4 1060s :banana: but slowly had to let them go and only kept the 1080. I on the other hand was undecided ...:scratch2:)

Right now my only saving grace is I’m running out of space to store them (8 and counting : 3 kenwood kr 7600,6600,7400; 1 marrantz 2220B, 1 yam r-900, 1 fisher 2010, 1 sony str-v5 and 1 sherwood 7910 – the last two are what I’m listening right now and they are rivals with the sony having the slight edge of being more seductive ie. more showy both sonically and cosmetically; the rest is waiting to go to a yet to be built audio museum :boring:
 
The right decision. The larger Fishers from that era are pretty decent, but the smaller ones are just ordinary.

As far as value, the Sears units don't have any collector value.
 
Back
Top Bottom