• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Can anyone recommend Audiophile quality line stage preamplifier clones ??

Akustic

Super Member
I'm trying to find both a truly good copy of Pass's B1 buffer and/or a switchable active/passive line stage preamplifier using quality components ..
They're out there and I've been successful a time or two over the years but also unimpressed two or three times also ..

There is some really good stuff out there that's being manufactured to spec for the Hong Kong audio community but it's hard to find the names.
What are the names that use truly quality components ??

Kind of looking for guidance ...road signs in the desert..
 
Register to hide this ad
I am surprised that no one has stepped in to offer opinions and or help.
Possibly post this in a busier sub forum?
Good luck. I can't help
 
I'm trying to find both a truly good copy of Pass's B1 buffer and/or a switchable active/passive line stage preamplifier using quality components ..
They're out there and I've been successful a time or two over the years but also unimpressed two or three times also ..

There is some really good stuff out there that's being manufactured to spec for the Hong Kong audio community but it's hard to find the names.
What are the names that use truly quality components ??

Kind of looking for guidance ...road signs in the desert..
This is a really good topic for DIY Audio forum...right up their alley.
 
The Pass B1 buffer is a basic design. As Nelson has written,
it's best to use matched jfets. so instead of hand selecting singles, use matched jfets such as lsk489,lsk389, jfe2140.
 
Back
Top Bottom