• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can anyone tell me what amp this is?

tagaiz

New Member
I found this amp online and the only info about it is that it's a Magnovox. It doesn't seem to be anything they've made recently because I've looked all over. Can anyone tell me what it is and if it's worth 20 bucks. Woops. forgot to attach pic.
!BTNF,VwCGk~$(KGrHgoOKiEEjlLmf)k0BKHMrVoLow~~_1.JPG
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I would say it is worth $20, if it works. I used to own one of those. Its about 15 watts per channel, and uses one of those STK amplifier blocks.
 
Well, it could be a re-labeled Philips, as it is "Philips/Magnavox." See if you can get it for $15, it's probably worth that for a small system. If I saw it for $10-20, I would not hesitate to buy it.
 
Plenty of decent amps were built around STK power modules.

It looks like an 80´s design and I would agree it´s worth $20 in working condition
 
If it is working 100%, and you get a year or two out of it as a second stereo, it's probably worth the price. If the STK pak quits you may discover that they are no longer available. Lots of those were discontinued. Those hybrid paks were the industry rage for a while in the '80s, but makers have largely gone back to discrete component design in their power amps.
 
Back
Top Bottom