• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can of Worms! KLIPSCH "pecking order" ?

Everyone's gonna laugh, but of all the Klipsch I've ever owned (and still own) the KG2.2's are the most detailed, matched perfectly with their bass output, and best sounding for the buck (everything I own is recapped and in use). They're the underdog of all Klipsch models IMO, probably not for use in large listening area's.
 
I'
Everyone's gonna laugh, but of all the Klipsch I've ever owned (and still own) the KG2.2's are the most detailed, matched perfectly with their bass output, and best sounding for the buck (everything I own is recapped and in use). They're the underdog of all Klipsch models IMO, probably not for use in large listening area's.
I've got the KG 2.5's in my living room being driven by a Kenwood KR 2090. They do sound fantastic in that small space (with high ceiling)
 
Also, bear in mind Scott that the thread was directed towards vintage Klipsch speakers, and most people have confined their answers to ranking speakers from either the Heritage line or the "extended" Heritage line.

The KG series does not belong to either line. I'm sure that if we wanted to open the ranking to all Klipsch speakers even including the KG series (e.g. Reference, Legend, KG, etc.) that would make for a most interesting ranking. Therefore, I'm sure that the omission was not intentional.
Whoa......seriously, I can't believe I actually started this thread (nearly) twenty years ago ? Crazy. Well, due to a multitude of reasons, I have not purchased any (large) Klipsch Speakers. However, I again "have the Audio Bug" to (play) with something different Speaker wise. Since my original posting, a few "things" have changed that may greatly effect/determine which Klipsch might be best for my needs.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking/approach. Firstly, I have Tinnitus and as such, I can no longer listen to music at loud volumes, in fact, I listen at quite low volumes to (maybe) moderate volume. So, my thinking is that a more sensitive/efficient (read larger) Klipsch (not only) requires less Watts but should play nicely/full body (with good Bass) at lower volumes. I continue to use Tube gear (FISHER 400 Tube Amp/Receiver) along with my Classic EMI 529's with excellent results.

Also, since my original thread, I had/have two different pairs of Klipsch. The first being a pair of Heresy's (I forget year). On the whole, this time around (I owned new Heresy in early 1970's) I didn't care all that much for "this" pair of Heresy speakers. I suspect if I had invested money for a recap etc. they may have sounded/performed better to my Ears. At any rate, not wanting to invest more money into these Speakers, I sold the Heresy's after only a couple of months.

Now the shocker. Shortly thereafter, I found a "Goodwill" pair of NICE condition Klipsch KG 2's (the ones having the Passive Radiator) which I purchased at a very low price. I set up the KG 2's as a "small" system (mostly for just Classical Music FM listening/background listening). The shocker is, the KG 2's (connected with my Classic NAD 3140 Integrated Amp) sounds VERY nice/appealing/likeable/enjoyable/easy to listen to for my Ears. I must admit, I find myself quite often turning on/listening to this small system. So, I can't help but wonder, would I enjoy/hear even and perhaps gain "more" enjoyment (despite the Tinnitus) with a pair of BIG ol' Klipsch Speakers ? I still mostly listen to Classic Jazz/Motown/Blues/Vocals/etc.

If I were to ever purchase the likes of Cornwall Speakers (which I haven't heard in fifty years but was VERY impressed at the time) I would have to move a lot of gear onto the side lines despite my Audio Room being the largest room in my house.

This is to say, my EMI's, Mission Argonauts (and a few others) would have to be shuffled about (of course, this is half the fun). Of course my Stephen Tru-Sonic Mono Horn remains dead center of the Room.

Anyway, maybe a pair of larger Klipsch will be in my future or maybe, things will stay status quo. Still, I think owning (at least for a time) a large pair Klipsch is on my
"Bucket list".




Thanks all,

SixCats! aka Tom in Maine
 
Last edited:
Everyone's gonna laugh, but of all the Klipsch I've ever owned (and still own) the KG2.2's are the most detailed, matched perfectly with their bass output, and best sounding for the buck (everything I own is recapped and in use). They're the underdog of all Klipsch models IMO, probably not for use in large listening area's.
Hello Hajidub,

Sir, I am NOT going to laugh. About a year ago, I found a Thrift Shop pair of NICE condition Klipsch KG2's (the ones with the back Passive Radiator) for an amazing price. I have connected the KG2's to my Classic NAD 3140 Integrated Amp (smaller system). I find that I often prefer listening to this simple system over my (four) other systems. I agree, there is just "something" I am loving about the sound of my Klipsch KG 2's.

SixCats!
 
I recently found a pair of KG2's myself, (after looking for a pair for about 3 years). They are super hard to come by.
I have them set up in a smaller living room with a low-watt Kenwood 2090 and they sound FANTASTIC.
 
I recently found a pair of KG2's myself, (after looking for a pair for about 3 years). They are super hard to come by.
I have them set up in a smaller living room with a low-watt Kenwood 2090 and they sound FANTASTIC.
Wonderful uteman1011. I'm glad to know that I am not the only person here who thinks highly of these (well made) modest Klipsch KG2's. I really like them! Enjoy uteman.


SixCats!
 
Back
Top Bottom