• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can someone recommend an FM antenna that works with old receivers?

The powered models I've owned never really seemed to out-perform a folded dipole or rabbit-ear, including a couple or three Terks. If the passives were noisy, amplifying the signal also amplified the noise. And adding yet another wall-wart... no thanks. Others must have had a better outcome.
 
I found one of these at a flea market for a couple of bucks and sitting in my window it has excellent reception.

images
 
See if you find the antenna in the photo. It is a C. Crane antenna. It has a 75 ohm F-connector that would need a balin for a 300 ohm input.

One of the most effective purchases I've made. DSC_7115.JPG
 
Tried all kinds of indoor antenna's, and nothing ever worked anywhere close to the reception of a roof top antenna. And I'm talking about the old, non directional antenna that has been on my roof for decades. Ultimately if using a tuner for FM is important to you there is no adequate substitute. IMO.
 
Back
Top Bottom